X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Heavy frost and 2deg temp.
    Its beginning to thaw already.
    Cant put it off any longer so I have to go to town for some Christmas shopping.
    Dont mind the shopping, its finding the right gift is the problem.
    Also,have to find a birthday gift for my daughter in law.
    Wish me luck.
    Have a good and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Temp dipped to minus 4.7 last night and is currently at minus 1.5. Lovely in the sun though Might pop up the woods next.
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning, -4 this morning. Son was off through to Cumbernauld this morning at 5am, said he was lucky to get there at all. Roads were bad and the screenwash wouldn't defrost so he had to keep pulling over to clean his windscreen. Not good.
        Nicos, what's a broccoli Christmas tree when it's at home? Glad hubby is feeling a bit better NS.
        Well good news is temperatures are set to rise for a few days so enjoy as I think it's due to get colder again over the weekend.
        Hope you all have a lovely day.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
          Might pop up the woods next.

IF you go down in the woods today,better go in disgise lalalalala............
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon,

Temp for me going to work this morning was -5 and -1 when I finished. Glad to be home now and back into my pjs
            Carrie

Comment

• anyone want a job in leicester

Highcross store Mo Bro's is recruiting bearded men for a 'beard stroking' station this Christmas

Beardy chaps will be paid £30 an hour to let stressed shoppers stroke the beard,what ever next.
              Last edited by lottie dolly; 12-12-2017, 08:29 PM.
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening, -3 this morning but now must be about +6 and had some heavy rain this evening, was out at the greenhouse for a time and put the fire on to sterilise some compost, I noticed today that geraniums I had left in their baskets, half baskets against the house wall, have been severely damaged by the frost, I had left them up to see if they would survive the winter, well I now have my answer and now will take them down and sterilise the compost from the baskets, was on the phone earlier with someone in Shropshire who told me that there is six inches of snow there well all the snow has gone from here just hope it doesn't freeze. Whatever the weather Keep warm Keep safe and pass on a smile Goodnight
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Asking Folk to keep warm reminded me about someone I had seen today -1 and he was walking over a car park in T-shirt and shorts, made me wonder what would he do if he was in an accident or his car broke down, and how long he would last before needing an ambulance due to hypothermia.
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Well, I survived my days shopping.
                    Dublin at Christmas is not for the fainthearted.
                    I was only congratulating myself on having survived a hectic day when my daughter called and said.......How would you fancy going to Belfast tomorrow for a days shopping. She has a days holiday left from this year.
                    Off on the train tomorrow to spend more money.
                    Cant wait to see the back of Christmas.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Sner completely gone and 5 degrees. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good Morning Flo and all, No Sner settled and also 5 degrees, Have a great day
                        sigpic
                        . .......Man Vs Slug
                        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning All

A trio of 5 degrees

Feels positively tropical compared to the last few days. I might try the plots today but it will be very wet and heavy.

Have a good Wednesday all

Comment

• Morning its a bit cooler here my GH temp reads 2.6c we've still got some snow in the garden and pavements but the majority has disappeared with last nights rain.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, haven't drawn the curtains yet, but it's probably cold out there
                              Spent yesterday afternoon having pre op tests at hospital. I've been poked and prodded to within an inch of my life lol. Didn't like the scales there AT ALL, weighed me 6 lb heavier arghh
                              Kids and GG came over for tea last night.
                              We have this house heated to 21 degrees 24/7 and its toasty all the time. They never took their coats off once, even eating dinner at the table!
                              I could put that on the rant thread couldn't I?
                              Any way, have a lovely day folks
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good morning.

The house is noticeably colder. It's a bit weird but the snow blocks the places where the draughts come in so now it's melting they're back. I lit the fire for the first time last night, it was lovely. In other years the dogs have kept away from it owing to the crackling and sparks. The wood I'm using at the moment doesn't seem to have those problems so they were happily warming themselves on the rug in front of it.

Today I need to go and do the shopping that was cancelled due to the snow. I've had a snitty message from my son's girlfriend that I didn't appear to wish him a happy birthday. I did message him as I couldn't get there due to the weather. I know it's only 5 miles up the road but it was still slippy and not worth the risk. So I need to go there as well.

Have a lovely day everyone.
                                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                                Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X