This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, hello.

Chilly and overcast here. Hard frost everywhere. Cabbages look like they've got a light dusting of sner, but it's just frost.

Busy day of work ahead but not much enthusiasm for it.

Hope you're doing OK, NS.

Hope everyone has a jolly day.

Comment

• Good morning all.
      5deg here as welk but its raining.
      Off to Belfast with my daughter for a days shopping.
      The forecast is not good so it will probably be a wet days shopping.
      Have good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
        My goodness....my house actually looks tidy downstairs!
        Hoping and hoping the heating engineer arrives with the central heating pump today.He said 'posibly' .,,,,

See ya later....
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, dark and damp here this morning. A lot warmer but it's to get colder around lunchtime with snow? We will see. Hope your heating gets sorted today Nicos. Enjoy the shopping bramble.
          Hope you all have a lovely day.
          sigpic

Comment

• morning all,our snow has all but gone,hope your man arrives Nicos,have a good and Bgood2yourself
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Still waiting to hear LD....think he would have phoned by now....ah well.....
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening its been cold and wet here today, temp showing +4 but with the wind feels a lot colder, had to go shopping today as its the school panto tomorrow, why does everyone seem to be in rush at this time of year, don't they know that the same things that they are rushing to buy today will still be available next week all this pallaver I wonder what half of them would have done if it was the still the same as when my family were young, Christmas was just a normal working day, and there was only a fraction of your income spent on food and presents that is spent today. I had better stop or I will need to move over to the rant thread and any way I have two boys here wanting fed
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• ^^^ we're Victorian Christmas' really like that rary?

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                    ^^^ we're Victorian Christmas' really like that rary?
                    Don't know GL you will have to ask VC she lived through them
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Still waiting to hear LD....think he would have phoned by now....ah well.....
                      hope it's soon,we were so cold yesterday,cound not get the stat to talk to the boiler,the man came today,all it was ,i now KNOW,the nice man showed me a knob to turn on the boiler itself,he turned it up,and explained it to me,we have had this boiler a few years now,WosterB,and no 1 person has tolled us about it,not 1,this is the first year we have been so cold,makes me wonder if another engineer had turned it down when visiting the system,i had it 30 yesterday and it was still aid 19.6 on the thermometer,so now back down to 22 and is fine,thanks to a very nice young man,it just feels like i wasted the gas boards time,also pleased we got it on a plan with them,phew.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                        ^^^ we're Victorian Christmas' really like that rary?
                        Originally posted by rary View Post
                        Don't know GL you will have to ask VC she lived through them
                        What else would VC stand for?

Goodmornafteven everyone. I'v been so busy doing not very much that I haven't had time to say Hello. I've probably missed other insults but, since its the season of goodwill to all men, even GL and rary, I shall turn the other cheek, not sure which one yet - I have several.
                        Funny old weather today, heavy downpours, wind and a massive rumble of thunder. Don't think it was one of the dogs
                        Hope you're all OK and warm (especially LD and Nicos).
                        Bye for now>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

• Well, so much for my shopping trip. I picked my friends up and we went to town to do our Christmas shopping. Got out of the car and found i’d forgotten to pick my handbag up. Mooched around whilst my friends did their shopping then drove home again. Another day wasted. At least they fed me.

Only home for about 20mins, let the dogs out then to a meeting. Currently esconsed in a pub with a glass of wine and an open fire.

Tomorrow’s another day.
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            What else would VC stand for? (1)

(2) I haven't had time to say Hello. I've probably missed other insults but, since its the season of goodwill to all men, even GL and rary,
                            Nice on VC (1)
                            (2) I can understand GL, but why me, as well

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining and snowing here. Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo/All

Clear sky but no frost +4 in the greenhouse. Not much planned today as everything will be very wet over the plots due to yesterday's very heavy rain.

Enjoy your Thursday whatever your doing

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X