Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning it feels mild here and for a change I'm not sharing Flo's rain and snow
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, dry here and clear-ish sky's here at the moment 2.3 C in the greenhouse
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Yippee...the heating engineer has arrived
        Lets just hope he's got the right part(cos he wasn't 100%sure)

See ya later......
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• (Urrrrmmmm.....I think we may have some heat!)

Comment

• Morning, good news Nicos!
            We had some snow last night but it has turned to rain. Looking ahead there seems to be no white Christmas this year, looks to be very mild day and night!
            Off to get my hair coloured today so the grey will be hidden for another wee while.
            Hope you all have a lovely day whatever you are doing. Hope you are cosy Nicos!
            sigpic

Comment

• OMG!
              We still have heat!...looks like I can stop holding my breath and uncross fingers and toes?

These old houses take literally days to heat up as the granite walls absorb the heat...
              Looks like we'll be back to normal temperatures by early next week...phew...a close thing or what?

Comment

• Glad you got the heating back on Nicos,

Comment

• Good news, Nicos.

Bad news here: went out with Mr Snoop this morning but the car broke down on the way back. Not a good time of year to try to get anything fixed. Ah well... That's cars for you.

Other than that, still cloudy, still no rain. Might stop bothering to mention that and simply say when we do get some.

Am currently consoling myself with some chocolate coated almonds. Delicious. Fortunately, it's a small packet.

Comment

• We don't have mains gas in our village, indeed we don't have mains sewage either due to the hills, so our heating is from our multi fuel stove. We have a couple of oil filled electric radiators as well, but they are presently in the conservatory keeping my over wintering plants from freezing solid.

Comment

• afternoon all,lovely sunshine when we woke up,lastnight we had heavy snow for aprox 20mins,then just dissapeared phew,pleased your man arrived Nicos,and got the job done,have a good afternoon all.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening, cold and wet today, not done much as we had a panto, at school this afternoon, which I enjoyed, down side is the parent's will be going to it tonight so need to watch the youngest grandson he is no bother but I much prefer being in my own home at night, may be I am starting to get old and no VC I am not old, well I don't feel old, 50 is not old is it?? Perhaps I should do the same as Jay and get my hair coloured, well I think I would if I had Gray hair to colour and glad to see you have heating again Nicos though personally I would prefer the wood burners, but if you are feel the cold I know a good way of heating yourself up get a brush in your hand and brush the house from top to bottom, right need to go, I have a couple of boys here wanting Fed, see if they didn't eat I would be worth a fortune
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Well..it's still working
                          So I guess it's finally sorted!
                          We use the central heating as a background heat....boosted by the woodfires rary. Agree....Can't beat the woodfires!

Comment

• Good evening all.
                            Took the second grandson to town after school.
                            Treated him to lunch and then brought him to pick his Christmas gift.
                            Home now and glad to be indoors as its getting cold again.
                            Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• What on earth goes through our brains when we're in the GR. Sometimes I pop in and can't think of anything to contribute but mostly I have a sort of vision of what is (virtually) happening and just add to the chaos.

Does anyone else have a picture in their head of what the GR looks like?
                              Last edited by JanieB; 14-12-2017, 05:58 PM. Reason: to add something
                              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                              Oxfordshire

Comment

• Chaotic there is Nov fun if you understand it
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X