Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening, a cold but sunshiny day today, visited my BiL, saved having to buy lunch then when back home I put some lights on a tree at the doorstep so that should please the boys, after that spent some time in the greenhouse, not doing much just out the road of the tv oh should have added I made the tea had a stir fry with onions, leeks, garlic, potatoes and carrot, now thats the kind of meal I like, it cost me nothing
    NS several yeas ago I read something in a paper about some activity that you can do in the house, which was the equivalent to a nine mile hike, now if I could only remember what it is and I never question how much something is, I know I cant afford it before looking at the price
    Last edited by rary; 15-12-2017, 08:18 PM.
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning good people of the vine! - I'm glad to report that Mrs C did enjoy escaping from the house and visiting the New £1 store (there are now 3 in the high street) and the new Sainsbury's, well it got her out of the house. Today my eldest is coming over to keep Mrs C company whilst my youngest daughter and I are going to enjoy some father/ daughter time and the Christmas Gift she has bought me......

A tip to Brighton, I'm paying for lunch as she has arranged a flight on the BA i360 and then in the evening we are going to see Jools Holland and his R&B Orchestra.

Have a great day people, I'm going too
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Mornin Cadn'all
        Wow Cad!...things are certainly looking brighter for you
        So glad MrsC enjoyed her time out...really pleased
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Oops...got cut off there!
          Maybe I was typing too quickly?...ha!

Going to make a wheat bag and a birthday cake and mince pies for a friend today...tis her burpday tomorrow and she's a bit down in the dumps....
          Hopefully we'll get the rest of the house ready for Xmas...at least the other rooms are warming up now!

Have a great weekend peeps...se ya later.....

Comment

• Morning sounds like Mrs C's outing went well Cad, she's bound to feel better about herself after being out and about.
            Congrats on weight loss NS losing over a stone is a good feeling isn't it.
            Still dark out so I don't have a clue about the weather but its not raining or snowing so thats good.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning All

Temp hovering around 0 and just getting light...off to the plots once I warms a tad.

Enjoy your day out Cads

Comment

• Good Morning All Great news Cad enjoy.. Room Service is a bit grumpy today maybe due to the frost. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Bramble...my MIL was still digging up potatoes at the age of 89!
                  She then got severe dementia and couldn't cope, but whenever the district nurse or a Dr asked her how she was doing she'd say she was absolutely fine ...and had just dug up some potatoes for her dinner!

She could easily out eat anyone else at the table too!

Speaking of food....I've just had a lovely bowl of porridge , bananas and honey for breakfast...mmmm....

Comment

• Nicos, i really think people of that generation were great. That had a much tougher life and yet came out of it so strong.
                    Perhaps we are getting soft with all our mod cons.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      A great night was had last night at our annual dinner.
                      Off to pitch and putt shortly as I am on kitchen duty and have to play first so I will be back in the kitchen to do the refreshments,
                      Last game of the year so there should be a good turnout.
                      Glad to here Mrs Cad is improving, and Cad, enjoy your day out, you deserve it,
                      Have a good day all whatever youre up to.*

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Happy Saturday
                        Some of you are having very special days today - have fun, you're all worth it
                        My day has been memorable for all the wrong reasons. Ted the dog jumped up on my lap and to say that he smelt would be an understatement. He left "brown" smears on my jeans I think last night's raw liver may have been a bit too rich! So Ted had to be bathed and the jeans are in the wash.
                        Hope none of you were eating!!
                        Sun's shining (of course) and blue sky in every direction. Time to go out and play in the garden

Comment

• Morning all...just! Well done NS, keep up the good work. I need to take a leaf out of your book, well maybe after Christmas! Have a great day Cad, I know you will.
                          Having a quick tidy up today and then off to the hockey tonight. Team not so good this year but they do say it's easy to support a winning team.
                          Hope everyone has a great day and glad that Ted is smelling sweet!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon, everyone.

Bright and chilly. One little cotton wool ball cloud scudding along outside. Range going - but probably need to add more wood so will keep this short.

Hope you had a good day, Cadalot. And well done on the weight loss, NS.

Best wishes for jolly times all round.

Comment

• Just surfing for new shredder. Bosch AXT 2200 Rapid listed by Tesco Direct BUT "You must be 18 or over to buy this item"!
                              Methinks someone misread legislation on blades!
                              Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Good afternoon,

Really cold here. Just been outside to feed the rabbit. Can't let him out of his cage for a run around while there is a pond in my back garden. Well when I say pond I mean my garden is flooded with 5 inches of water. The work men who are building the new houses behind mine have hit a water pipe and has flooded my garden.
                                So spent most of the day in my little crafts room knitting my OH a hat.
                                Carrie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X