Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning and Happy Christmas to all.
    Ham and turkey to be cooked.
    Gifts to be wrapped.
    Midnight mass tonight with family.
    All set now for the big day.
    Peace and happiness to all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon, it’s been pouring all day , what happened to the white Christmas?
      Have done nothing so far today so better get moving. Couple of pressies to wrap and that’s it.
      Merry Christmas everyone and a healthy and happy 2018!!
      sigpic

Comment

• Evening All
        I've been shopping - its Yellow sticker day
        That's 4 fruit hampers (apples, pears, grapes, dates & figs) reduced from £5 to 09p!
        Countless bits of meat that the dogs will love and, umm, a little turkey for £5.
        I'm sure I'll find someone to eat it. At that price it would have been wrong to leave it. Some shoppers had trolleys stacked full of turkeys and geese - all half price.
        Everyone was in good spirits and there were loads of veg for sale - so I bought some 09p parsnips and some 30p sprouts, swede and carrots.
        In the oven at the mo is a Veggie Tikka masala pie with chick peas and spinach (38p) and some Butternut squash and red onions, roasting (50p).
        I like the unpredictability of yellow sticker shopping - can't do lists as you may have realised.
        Hope you're all relaxing and enjoying your evening.

Comment

• Thats better than beans on toast for tomoz dinner,enjoy it sound wonderfull.
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I won't be eating turkey, Lottie, and the veggie pie is for tonight. It'll still be beans on toast lunch time - though there may be some roasties later on.
            Have a lovely day xx

Comment

• I see I'm not the only one awake. I promised myself that I would be in bed by midnight. I seem to have broken that promise to myself. I've been on the go since 7am and I'm exhausted. Off to bed now. Merry Christmas everyone. Enjoy today.
              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
              Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good morning and Merry Christmas.

Hope Santa has brought you the presents you wanted

I've been up since 3am. Some guy came banging on my door covered in blood. I didn't answer because I am in the house on my own(OH working nights) When I looked out the window to see who was banging, the guy had managed to stop a ambulance. Not sure what has happened to him.

Going to try and get back to sleep for a hour once I have picked up my OH from work and before I go to my parents house.

Have a good day
                Carrie

Comment

• Morning Everybody

Have a fantastic day no matter how you spend it

Merry Christmas

Comment

• Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
                    Good morning and Merry Christmas.

I've been up since 3am. Some guy came banging on my door covered in blood. I didn't answer because I am in the house on my own(OH working nights)

Quite right Carrie. You don't know if it's his or someone else's!

Quite mild but rain almost horizontal.

The robin came down drawn by light. Had its feed and retreated to shelter of ivy.

They say robins very territorial but there were two in back yesterday as I finished clearing foliage off snowdrops and this morning whilst one was on step another was singing in ivy. The most I've ever seen is five when I was clearing loads of old leaves. They'll buzz each other and one will retreat and that's it.

Sorry folks I don't do religious festivals. OH does so we'll be having fore rib of beef and I'll be lighting fire in lounge.

Enjoy whatever celebrations you're having. It's certainly not the weather for dancing, covered in woad, round a fir tree!
                    Last edited by Greenleaves; 25-12-2017, 07:02 AM. Reason: Fixed quote
                    Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Merry Christmas everyone
                      Just waiting for Bob to get up. Waiting for something that resembles daylight. So I can go feed and wish all my animals a happy Christmas. Then the important stuff can start.........eating and drinking.......A lot!
                      Hope you all have a lovely day

Comment

• Good morning All and Merry Christmas, have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning and a Merry Christmas
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Merry Xmas everyone!
                            Hope you have a really lovely day ...however you choose to spend it. xx
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Merry Christmas everyone, off to Perth now.

Comment

• Good Morning Everybody

Hope you all enjoyed your day yesterday and not nursing a sore head

We had a great time with the grandkids in the morning before escaping the bedlam and retiring to a nice lunch a quiet afternoon

Enjoy your day today

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X