This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
    Well. That's Christmas 2018 well and truly over, I've enjoyed it and now look forward to buying seeds and plants and get back to growing again
    I'm must have slept through 2018
    Just proves, I'm not the only one here who is confused

Comment

• Good morning all.
      We have a beautiful, still sunny motning here.
      Blue skies and not a bit of wind
      Temp just 1 deg.
      Off out for a walk shortly and we will take it from there.
      Have a good dsy all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, lots of white slushy stuff falling here (not quite rain, not quite snow). Not quite sure I am up to gardening in it this afternoon must be getting older. Will ponder what jobs I could do in the garage or gh.

Have fun and stay warm x

Comment

• We have just had the gritter down our close, no sign of snow here but the hills are covered in it, very hard frost last night, but there's still a flower on one of the roses!!

Comment

• Had two fruit trees delivered this morning so have taken them to the plots.

Everything is white so I shall not be doing much apart from clearing the snow off the brassica cages and a cup of coffee with some special milk

Comment

• Can't really complain here. I am on call for snow clearing duties so hopefully the white stuff will stay away from here for the Crimbo period!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                I'm must have slept through 2018
                Just proves, I'm not the only one here who is confused
                Silly old me, when we get to 2018 I bet that I put 2017 on cheques
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• Afternoon luckily the snow didn't hang around for long
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon all. We have the white stuff but less than an inch of it. Hope you've all survived
                    Rancid turkey and suchlike. My Turkey grump was Tesco leaving a bit of ribcage and an expanse of skin attached to the crown we bought. Clearly just to add chargeable weight but not edible weight. Anyone else have same experience?

Comment

• I had a turkey with 2 necks but I think it was a rare breed. Not complaining it was only £5 and the dogs enjoyed them.
                      Still sunshiny here but nippy on the appendages, even with gloves.
                      I've just eaten a really juicy pear from my 09p fruit box - so juicy that it ran down my hand, down my arm and has soaked my sleeve. May have to suck it dry, it was so nice
                      Sluuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppp

Comment

• Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                        Afternoon all. We have the white stuff but less than an inch of it. Hope you've all survived
                        Rancid turkey and suchlike. My Turkey grump was Tesco leaving a bit of ribcage and an expanse of skin attached to the crown we bought. Clearly just to add chargeable weight but not edible weight. Anyone else have same experience?
                        Mine was the same. And it stunk a bit, but once cooked tasted ok and I'm still alive.
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• This is this years four Christmas hamper donations for the inlaws, packed in the boot of the car ready for delivery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171226_124919-2448x1377[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	2375994

Delivered on boxing day all families were suitably impressed. Don't know about next year, as hampers are a lot of hard work but were more individualised this year..................I said that last year as well!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                            Mine was the same. And it stunk a bit, but once cooked tasted ok and I'm still alive.
                            Looks like you're not the only one!https://www.theguardian.com/business...rotten-turkeys
                            Last edited by DannyK; 27-12-2017, 03:58 PM.
                            Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                              Afternoon all. We have the white stuff but less than an inch of it. Hope you've all survived

Don't know if you do faceache Green leaves but there are a mountain of complaints about t***o Turkey's.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DannyK View Post
                                Yeah, I'd spotted this on BBC news!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X