X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    It feels a bit 'back to normal' today - I've been busy busy busy the last few days, shopping, cooking, baking for daughter's birthday

Kitchen could do with a good clean but I need some fresh air first - so plot time required, hope the rain's finished for now.

Have a good'un, whatever you're up to

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Bright and breezy day this morning but the land is a mess: massive but very short hailstorm yesterday afternoon. 25 mm/litres of rain and hail in maybe ten minutes. Astonishing. Hailstones small but destructive because of the sheer volume. On the positive side, I had taken my tomato plants in beforehand, most of my seeds are still in their packets and none of the animals got injured. JT, my ploughing friend, came round yesterday with loads of lettuce seedlings. Not sure how to deal with them as I can't even walk on the land at the moment. I imagine most of the almonds will have got bashed off, likewise the pears.

Anyway, today's another day.

Plus, what's with the Eurovision Song Contest winner? I didn't see the whole thing, just watched a YouTube of the winning song. I remember it being a family kind of show, but the winner's lyrics wouldn't classify as family-friendly. Am I just getting old and past it?

Leave a comment:

• happyhumph
    replied
    Morning all. It's a bright sunny day here. Youngest lots better today, most spots are crusted over so might be able to go to school tomorrow, Tuesday at the latest.

Getting stabilisers on bike for youngest then going for a walk with eldest on scooter, youngest on bike and us on foot. Will stop at the sweetie shop in saundersfoot. Then seed sowing at home.

Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Bacon?!!!!!.
    Mmmmm...mmmmm...mmmm.....

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning lots of overnight rain so the gardens looking good No porridge for me today Rary its bacon, eggs, mushrooms on a oatcake for breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    Morning all,

well the rain we expected yesterday arrived overnight and it's chucking it down out there at the mo. Not a bad thing. The feed weed and mosskill I put down two grasscuts ago will now get a chance to melt in and do its stuff. I've been cutting without the grass bag on and leaving the cuttings lying so that the stuff just didn't get hoovered up and removed. My polypots of spuds being grown to show are also getting a good watering saving a job. The plants I have outside hardening off and needing watered every day just now also getting a drink naturally . Who would have thought rain could save so much work?

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good morning, rain overnight but dry at present, not been out yet having my porridge and catching up with Gardeners World

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning Nicos and All ; Sunny Sunday here. I'm cooking the normal FEB this morning and later off to my daughter's for Afternoon Tea. Have a lovely day

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all
    Cor blimey, it's stopped raining!
    My poor poppies have flattened though

Well...so far we have one chick....not checked yet this morning.

Had some sad news yesterday...my 'swimming buddy' is moving back to the UK in a couple of months...I'll miss her lots.
    We did loads of crafting together and she was very active in our seed and plant swap too...boo hoo....

Right...well, best crack on with the ironing!

Enjoy your Sunday peeps...see ya later...kettle's on!
    Last edited by Nicos; 13-05-2018, 05:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JanieB
    replied
    Had a long day. Took my friend for her fortnightly trip to see her children after which she kindly fed me. Her lodger had a lot of old local photos which we looked through and had fun trying to guess where some of them were taken.

I got home not long ago and was having a catch up on tinterweb and up pops my 90 year old aunty on FB!!

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    Evening all. Had a total rest from gardening things today apart from going to B&Q for a bag of gp compost. So much crud in it these days I put it through the shredder before using it. It's still better than most gp composts imho though. Been a lovely day and the rain which was forecast hasn't arrived. With a bit of luck it will arrive overnight .

I'm just about to have a bottle of Deuchars Pale Ale. I'd share it, honest I would

Leave a comment:

• happyhumph
    replied
    Yep, got antihistamines as well. Off to collect from party now so will see how youngest has been. Managed to get quite a bit done in the garden today and OH has agreed to new sturdy wood arches - even bought the material!

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Piriton for itchy chickenpox?

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Afternoon...best day of the week, warm and sunny and guess what we're doing? Painting the hall!! Been talking the talk for at least a year and decided to walk the walk today! Oh well, first coat done so maybe we will have a couple of sunshiny hours to sit outside!
    Hope you all had a lovely day.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Ooh naughty!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X