X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Naked sausage rolls and chocolate orange muffins, washing out, time for potting on tomatoes

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all and we have a lovely sunshine morning.
    Lots to do today outdoors thankfully as I have had my fill of being Mrs mop for the moment.
    Have a good day whatever you're doing.

Sorry about the bad weather and rain Nicos, we couldn't cope with it any longer.
    It went on until four o'clock yesterday afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• cariann88
    replied
    Good morning,

Off to the allotment shortly. Hope you have a good weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Had to reboot my phone to get on the tinter web this morning. Have a good day, we have sunshine

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Morning all, bright and 14 degrees. Have house guests at the mo so typing quietly as I'm the first up. Be off to the lotty later though as soon as they mosey on

Leave a comment:

• happyhumph
    replied
    Morning Nicos n all full of snot here. Have to get moving soon as need to buy a present for children's party this morning. Dry so far so might get in the garden.

Need to hunt down a cup of tea......

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all
    It's weeeeekend!
    We have your dreadful weather now bramble...ta muchly

À Day of being Mrs Mop for me.....sort of glad it's raining!

Have a great day peeps...see ya later!

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good night all.
    Got no gardening done today due to dreadful weather.
    However I had a lovely evening out with my daughter.
    Dinner and a movie in a newly renovated 1920's setting.
    So very different and so very enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• happyhumph
    replied
    Evening all. Couldn't find any bicarb for the bath, so put some oats in (wrapped in an old muslin) which youngest said felt really nice - another bath tomorrow morning has been requested, plus one at bedtime, and maybe a third during the day!

Eldest and youngest have a party to go to tomorrow. All the other children have had chicken pox and youngest desperate to go so sending both the parents are paramedics though, so fairly certain they can administer some Calpol! Won't be going far in case I need to pick up a poorly youngest early. Has been ok during the day, and not too itchy so should be fine.

Managed to pot on the remaining dedos des mocha's this evening, all in gh, splitting between the two Adnan informal test. Home tomorrow so will get on with the garden. Need to persuade OU to go to local farmers co-op to get posts for new arches and strong wire netting for bottom of compost heaps.

Nos da all

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    evening all. SPent the day in the plot but boy was it a blustery one. Ducked in to the tunnel for a heat on more than one occasion. The object today was to get holes punched in raised beds and filled with my compost mix to grow stump carrots for exhibition. Managed to do 40 stations for my better half and still have to do my own. . Also sprayed some creeping thistle in my tunnel with glyphosate, I've tried digging it out for several years and have now lost patience. The smallest bit of root left regrows but the glyphosate will sort that out for good.

The other big jub was taking the hand cultivator over the bed my brassicas will go in to and hoiking out the clumps of meadow grass which rotavating left half buried. A whole barrow load removed and into the compost bin(after emptying it). All in all a productive day but very tiring.

Now sitting watching Millionaire with a cuppa

Leave a comment:

• happyhumph
    replied
    Ta JanieB - think I have some and youngest currently in bath!

Leave a comment:

• JanieB
    replied
    Just got home and poured a GnT. Re chickenpox - big tub or 2 from a pharmacy of bicarb in the bath. This really works to stop the itching for a while. I learnt this when all three of mine had it at ages 7, 23 and 24 at the same time. The 7 year old was bouncing around as if there was nothing wrong. The 23 year old was throwing things and the 24 year old went into hiding as he couldn't shave and found out he had a ginger beard.

I've been out starting from sparrows f@rt ferrying people around. Tomorrow is another day.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Driving rain and gale force winds here.
    It looks like winter outdoors.
    A day out with my daughter today.
    As a late birthday gift we are going into town, then dinner and A show.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Cadalot
    replied
    Not 10 am yet and the greenhouse is in direct sunlight with the door open and its between 38 40.1C in there but such a cold wind out there I have shut the back door because it's not going to warn up until the sun gets down onto the patio doors.

I've was busy in the Space Saver Greenhouse yesterday on and off when I took micro breaks from my broom cupboard office and the computer Alans Allotment: Loo Roll Towers

Have a good one people, I have the cold frame to clean out and find homes for all the dross that I've stored in there over winter today I need the space !
    Last edited by Cadalot; 11-05-2018, 08:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Good morning all,looks like another dry day on the cards

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X