Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening, a very cold showery day,with occasional snow showers, but fortunately not lasting or lying, tried a fire in the greenhouse last night and without putting too much into it, it kept the temperature at 3·5 so should be ok when I have plants to grow on, also checked the light I have fitted over my seedlings and working fine, some onion seedlings that are through were leaning over towards the window but now with the light they are quite straight, so happy with that, I wonder if boatsman is at the wind up quoting summer temperatures and saying its cold was for out to the greenhouse for a wee while but decided it's too cold, so will have a read for a time just hope I don't fall asleep. Well keep warm and safe whatever you are doing, and pass on a smile Goodnight
    Last edited by rary; 16-01-2018, 07:43 PM.
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
      should be ok when I have pants to grow on,
      Couldn't ignore that, could I, rary??

What will they grow into - Pantsies?
      Last edited by veggiechicken; 16-01-2018, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• rary, I listed winter temperatures as reported in the local newspaper. Don't you have indoor toilets in your part of Scotland as you wrote 'D was out to the greenhouse for a wee?'

Comment

• Is our Rary going into the lingery business,

Boy oh boy,it feels really cold now the daylights gone brrrrr.
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• boatsman I am trying to introduce people to the proper way of speaking, WEE meaning SHORT or SMALL now if you look at the words you will see that it is easier to say, shorter to write, saving pen or ink, therefore more economical and of course taken as you mean it, it is also a great addition to any compost heap i.e. a great wee word

And thanks for that note VC I now have rectified that mistake
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Just looked out the window and the place is white and it's still coming down.
              It's a long time since we had snow in Dublin.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Last night's snow still lying. Wind is howling and it's freezing. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Now it's snowing again!
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning All

Snow has gone and you are welcome to it Flo

Have a safe and warm Wednesday all

Comment

• Greenleaves SNOW! in Hampshire -we had nothing in Surrey London Boarders - Very cold last night I actually lit the candles on the terracotta pot heater in the Space Saver Greenhouse, its 1.4 degrees C in there at the moment. I'm hoping that my daughter may be around for a few hours today so that I can get down to the plot as I'm like a junky who needs a fix.

Have a good one people
                      Last edited by Cadalot; 17-01-2018, 06:38 AM.
                      sigpic
                      . .......Man Vs Slug
                      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good morning all. It’s cold. I don’t want to go out. I want to stay here in my (relatively) warm house. My son is picking me up soon to go and fetch my car which has been in the garage for 10 days having an overhaul and MOT. We had to wait for a part.

When I get back I need to go shopping. The dogs and myself need a few essentials like dentichews and gin. I’m getting itchy to start gardening so I think I might sort through the seeds and try starting a few things off in the boiler cupboard. Kettles on. I think I might have time for another cuppa, anyone else?
                        Last edited by JanieB; 17-01-2018, 07:37 AM. Reason: To correct autocorrect!
                        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Morning

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                          Good Morning All Last night's snow still lying. Wind is howling and it's freezing. Have a good day
                          Its the same here Flo, we've not had any more snow since though.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning All, I'll join you for a cuppa Janie. Surprised there's so much snow about it's sunny and windy here same as yesterday. It's a biting cold wind though, not at all nice to be out in.

Enjoy your day folks
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Very bright, very breezy and due to get very windy.

Still pondering on whether to get all my seeds and potatoes from France and delivered here, or whether to order everything in the UK and get it all delivered to my Mum's and then haul it all back here in my bags. By the time I've paid all the UK delivery charges for potatoes and the various seed suppliers (no one supplier has everything I want), it's much of a muchness...

Anyway, I hope inspiration comes to me today.

Hope you all have a good day.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                Its stopped snowing and we have a beautiful clear sunny morning.
                                Snow from last night is still there and it looks amazing.
                                Stay safe and warm all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...