Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had arranged for my future son-in-law to help me move a load of stuff from Spencer Road to Mill Green Allotment, but it's not going to happen when everything is wet and its raining !

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-20 Fed Up!.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	2376248

Morning, I'm not going to say it's good because it ain't !!!
    Last edited by Cadalot; 20-01-2018, 08:36 AM.
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good morning all.
      A miserable wet grey morning here.
      Probably domestics for me if it doesnt improve.
      Enjoy your day all you who can get out to do some gardening.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Lost a chicken overnight to a fox. But probably the dogs' fault. The chickens were out roaming and one didn't come home in the evening. Looking back, she possibly didn't want to walk past the dogs to get in the compound, though that's not normally a problem. Big pile of feathers down in the field this morning. Very sad. Didn't hear a thing. First one in nine years.

Anyway, the remaining chicken is obviously distressed on her own. Will be off to the market on Wednesday to get her some company. Not the ideal time of year so might just have to get whatever they have.

Other than that, a jolly day. Bright, bright blue but I'm starting to feel a little chilly indoors. Mr Snoop is outdoors, still tidying up the first of his junkyards. Me, I'm supposed to be working, then doing lunch, then getting the garlic in. The onions I put out are looking fine and dandy, blowing slightly in the breeze, but with that green promise of spring to them.

Comment

• Late Afters/Early Evening

Spent the day over the plots lumpy bark for the paths and treating some wood ready for the fruit cage project. One of the huge benefits is my near niegbbours poly tunnel, when it's miserable weather wise he is happy for me to use it as a workshop in the winter months.

Tomorrow's weather looks awful so guess it will be a planning day.

Have a happy and cosy evening all

Comment

• Evening, it looks like most of the UK has 'yellow warning' of snow and ice for tomorrow so not a good day to be out and about.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Very hard frost outside but warm and cosy in here. Room Service is still sleeping but not for much longer. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Very windy here. Dogs flaked out in the kitchen after a night out to keep the fox at bay. Will wait till it warms up to take them for a walk. It's a hunting day today though, so we won't roam far.

Other than that, not much news. Working away today. Garlic postponed till tomorrow. Then I'll start getting things ready for peas and broad beans. Really hope it rains some more though. I've ordered seeds from MoreVeg and hoping to get potatoes and other seeds too. Holding off for a bit longer in case it's not worth it.

Comment

• Morning All

Wet here today but chilly....no playtime today

Happy Sunday All

Comment

• Morning its been snowing for the past hour think its set in for the rest of the day, does look pretty out there though.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Rain stopping play here as well again today, I did however manage to get about 15 litres of coffee grounds yesterday which made me feel a little better as if I can be doing anything on the allotment at least I can do stuff for the allotment. I also managed to review February and March over the last six years and plan out what I'm going to be doing during the next two months weather permitting.

I also received a text message informing me that I have won two tickets too an Elvis tribute concert Or £100 cash. The text I received said I had to reply 1 for the money or 2 for the show !

Ok OK I didn't really, just trying to cheer up other allotmenteers that are also fed up
                      Last edited by Cadalot; 21-01-2018, 08:46 AM.
                      sigpic
                      . .......Man Vs Slug
                      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Greeted by pair of robins 07:00. The outside light brings them down.
                        Rain just turned to sleet. Looks like set in for day.
                        Catalogue time.
                        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Morning All, sleet and cold today so not planning on going far or doing much. A Sunday in the warm day.
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Wet and windy - looks like I'll stay in and have another go with peppers in the heated propagator...
                            sigpic
                            1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              Lashing rain and a grey sky.
                              It hasnt stopped raining since yesterday morning.
                              Off to church and after that I am afraid it will be another day indoors.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Oh dear........., now i remember why i dont drink wine:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X