Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening , was out at the greenhouse for a time, sowed some seeds and discovered I have lost kept tomato seeds for my pot tomatoes, ah well will need to pick up some more seeds, have also found that my hut is staying warmer than the greenhouse the lowest temperature in the greenhouse -2, lowest in the hut +4.5 so will rig up an other lamp and keep my seedlings in there till they are strong enough to be moved into the greenhouse. Enjoy your week and keep safe and warm, pass on a smile. Goodnight
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
      Yes, I'm one of the happy exiles too.
      Snoop, it could be there are more senior folks on the Vine, therefore quite happy to accept one out of three, though to be honest you will need to ask VC, even though I am young I am quite lade back and tolerant
      And Baldy, I am happy to see you on here even though I hadn't a clue where your signature came from, it must be ok our Mom likes it no perhaps that's not such a good thing
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Morning All

+9 in the greenhouse this morning and guess what?....it's raining again. After going stir crazy yesterday, I am resigned to getting wet today

Have a happy Monday

Comment

• Morning all. Day of domestics here. Eldest only just woken up. Dry, but soggy as rained so much yesterday roads were flooding and a normally slow and gentle stream burst it's banks.

Have a good day peeps, if I get time I might finally get my garlic in....
          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining here too and it's washed away all the snow we had yesterday. Cooking for me again today - I could do with a day off! Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good Morning each! now what the frag is going on the temperatures outside went up during the evening and it was 10C in the unheated greenhouse whenI went to bed at 10 last night and 7.5C this morning, and set to rise a couple of degrees drop over the day.

Why is the traditional temperature pattern reversing?

Rain forecast each day until Friday which has a <5% chance of rain, and it's my youngest daughters last day at her current job on the night shift, so hopefully if she has not got anything planned I may get a couple of hours over the allotment.

Yes Balders and I were escapees, we tried digging tunnels and making a glider in the roof and completely forgot just how were were going to get it out to fly over the barbed wire, but in the end the megalomaniac commandant having worked their way through quite a few very nice inmates who now are here, decided we were no longer welcome in the camp. I did return as an underground resistance member for a short period disguised as a Slug (No seriously that was my handle Slug) to recover parts of my diary that resided on that forum and I was discovered and excommunicated once again but by that time I had managed safe passage of my diary to a blog in neutral territory.

As Bladers said, this is a wonderful community and people and even mods have a sense of humor and are dare I say it are human! Well apart from the old chicken who regrettably is no longer a mod but as Sean Connery said Never Say Never Again.
              Last edited by Cadalot; 22-01-2018, 09:47 AM.
              sigpic
              . .......Man Vs Slug
              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning no rain for us and according to the met-office there won't be any all day
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all,not bragin,but we got sun and dry,lovely and warm through the window near computor,waiting for carpet man to come and fit,he is late mmmmmmmm,have a good day all.
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    Yay, we have no rain after a whole weekend of the stuff.
                    Temp up to 7 deg so far.
                    Off out shortly.
                    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, hope you are well. Lots of snow over the past week but it has now more or less gone. Much milder here and a little rain.
                      We have been trying to arrange my dad's funeral, thought it would have been early to mid week but no it won't be until 1 st February!! He is being buried but we have been told if he was being cremated we would probably be waiting at least 3 weeks! Absolutely awful for people having to wait that long.
                      Anyhoo, sorry to depress you, I'm off to catch up on the Vine. Talk soon and look after yourselves.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, the snow had all gone, but plenty after rain, if anyone would like some, we also have our daughter's youngest off school, and I think he wants to eat us oot o hoos an haim (I think he wishes to eat us out of house and home) and he will be back to school tomorrow, as he keeps saying "I'm bored" so definitely fit for school I will be taking him back home shortly as I have the other boys to pick up from school, and his brother will be home shortly after that,I think I will go and look for a full time job, right catch you all later

Comment

• Big Hugs, Jay - its hard enough to lose someone without the delay of putting them to rest.
                          I hope your Mum is coping with this and everything else that's happening.

Thinking of you all xx

Comment

• I've spent the morning mud larking - went to move my early rhubarb to the new plot as it had already started sprouting
                            Got it done and put a good manure mulch around it, so fingers crossed it doesn't die on me Bit warmer than lately with some watery sunshine - at least it isn't raining today!

Now for a nice hot cuppa and a currant bun

Comment

• Went to the plot at lunchtime - too wet to even step out of the car - looked like some idiot had tried to drive the 20 feet from the gravel car park to the site gate but just succeeded in churning everything up.
                              Hope they got stuck
                              sigpic
                              1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Feel for you Jay, and the time it takes nowadays is ridiculous, and its the same over most of the country not that that's any conciliation, and as VC said hope your mum's ok.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X