Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, so, sorry Jay. It’s awful. When my fil died 2 days before Xmas we had to go through the “festive” season knowing that he was awaiting interment. The queue just gets longer because the funeral home staff are also allowed a holiday.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Thank you all, it's very much appreciated! Mum is showing a very brave face, keeping herself busy making tea for everyone.

You have to make an appointment now to register bdm's, the celebrant was telling us today that registry offices in the local area are having to delay registering births to enable them to cope with the deaths! Some people having to wait 3 weeks to even register! It's an absolute disgrace!

Anyhoo, hope you all had a lovely day.
      sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Mild today. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Crew well it's wet and raining again, just for a change

Have a good day people
          sigpic
          . .......Man Vs Slug
          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
          Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good morning all.
            Bright and sunny this morning.
            Hopefully an outdoor day.
            Have a good one.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Sorry to hear your news, Jay22. Condolences to you and your mum.

Vaguely blue skies here, but chilly enough to put the range on. I'm never really quite sure what to call it. It's nothing like VC's Aga. Works a treat, though. And costs us barely a couple of hundred euros a year for wood for cooking, hot water and heating. Primitive as hell, but very efficient.

Off to see a man about a chicken (or two tomorrow). Mr Snoop fancies Leghorns. I find them a bit flighty. In any event, there probably won't be much choice. If we're lucky it'll be brown, black and just maybe, if Mr Snoop's extremely lucky, white. It's more likely to be just brown. If you want anything fancy, you have to order them and they get delivered by courier from somewhere miles away. Poor things.

And here's a special (visible) smile for Rary:

Comment

• Good afternoon, an other wet day today, temp. in the car showing 10c but feels colder, managed to get the dog out and walked between showers, not that it made much difference to her she was through all the puddles and came home covered in muck, don't think my daughter will be to chuffed as all I could find to dry her was a white towel, well it was white took OH shopping we needed to get something for our son as it is coming up to his birthday, and as it is a significant one we wanted something a bit special, I suggested giving him a pound for every year but that seemed to fall on deaf ears I am not going to tell what age he is as VC would be shocked at me having children so young, though I will say he is catching up on me right need to go and make something for the oldest grandson to eat as he is always hungry when he comes in from school, no when I think on it I could miss out the school bit
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Another smile. I'm about to become a great grandma for the second time in less than 12 months. My grand DIL is in labour 2 weeks early. we don't know the sex as they decided they wanted a surprise. I'm sitting next to the phone.

What a beautiful day. It feels like spring and I've had the back door open since 10am. The dogs love it.
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good Morning All Bit blustery but dry so far. Have a good day

Comment

• What a difference two hours make - it's blowing a gale and lashing it down - well, across!

Comment

• Morning all, ditto with the weather ladies
                        Will cadge a lift to work, no walking in that
                        Hubby has a cold/man flu and has been unbearable in the last few days arghhhh
                        Hope everyone stays safe in the wind and have a good one
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning All

Wet, miserable and windy.....happy Wednesday all

Comment

• Morning its wet and windy here as well Flo but its supposed to be dry this afternoon.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning crew, well there is a change wind to go with all that rain!

Managed to drop off coffee grounds to the allotment last night and look at the composting loo that I arranged to have erected

Click image for larger version

Name:	Composting WC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	2376291
                              sigpic
                              . .......Man Vs Slug
                              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• I’m sitting in a Wetherspoons with a large mug of coffee waiting for my son to turn up. I’m cold and wet. I went to pick his tools up from his van which is in for repairs. I had to put the roof down to get them on to the backseat as there’s not enough room in the boot. It was persisting down. It’s nice and warm in here so expect to start steaming soon.

No news on the baby front yet. I’m taking two of my granddaughters and my baby great grandson out to lunch later. That’s something to look forward to.
                                Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X