Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VC, it's almost as bad as in Russia where you have to order a technician. One woman ordered an electrician to fix some lighting fixture for her. She was given a date in June of the following year, whereupon she asked whether it could be in the morning - as the plumber was due to turn up that afternoon.

Comment

• Weatherpeople made a mistake: we were due 7 mm/litres of rain last night and none today. So far, 26 mm/litres and it's still raining. It's that good rain: slow and steady, so just about all of it is sinking in rather than rushing off in a hurry down the valley. So I'm jolly, even if the new chickens are thoroughly fed up. One has worked out that she can hog one of the henhouses but still look out. The other one is just standing in the rain looking totally bedraggled and bemused despite all the bits of shelter she can lurk under. That's Cocky. All bossy and no brains.

Other than that, not much news. Hope you all had a good day and will have a lovely evening.

Comment

• Just came in as light beginning to go, afternoon was sunny. Pulled up loads of bitter cress.

Was joined by a pair of robins. I think they must be nesting already as one had a beak full of moss.

4C (44F), didn't feel cold as no wind.
        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
          Morning All
          Off to see the bank this morning as we need to move some money around to maximise return.
          I am willing to help there GL, I have an empty pocket (in fact several empty pockets) and of course I will give you a thousand thanks, and well done NS, I wish I could afford to lose£1·50p
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Tried a bit of gardening this afternoon, but ground still frozen so went into the greenhouse removed some worm compost and have now mixed it with some compost and sand ready potting on my seedlings just going for a cuppa and a read, have a good weekend
            Last edited by rary; 26-01-2018, 08:05 PM.
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Look at that ^^^^ the old weirdo is off for a cuppa and a read of S@g@ magazine and The Oldie.
              You know I like you really, rary, - I care about the old, the poor and the infirm of mind and body - and that's you to a T.
              Hope all we young Grapes have had a good day. It was good to be in the garden, spotting all the spring bulbs coming up - 3 daffs in flower now Even managed to dry my washing outside. Evenings getting slowly lighter for longer.

Comment

• Spent the afternoon over the plots and didn't lose the light until nearly 17.00 spring is definitely getting closer as the bl00dy weeds have started growing!

Comment

• Very good VC its nice to know the names of the magazines you read, as no doubt once I'm the age you are I might want to read something like that. Its nice to know that you take care of yourself keep reading the mags. it will help keep your mind active, as for the bulbs I was actually moving some snowdrops today,as there are a number of them in the ground I need to clear, I just hope they survive, as the ground as I said earlier was frozen, will just have to wait and see. Won't be in the garden tomorrow as going to visit a friend who sadly is very ill, at the moment its heavy rain here but it would be nice if he got some good weather
                  Last edited by rary; 26-01-2018, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• Morning Crew - I acquired an new Dalek to add to my army in addition to the two water butts yesterday but it did mean two trips as the car was just not big enough. I'm picking up another two Daleks this morning, so I may be able to lease some of the full older smaller daleks behind at the allotment I'm giving up.

There again if it looks like good stuff I may bag it up.

Have a good one people
                    sigpic
                    . .......Man Vs Slug
                    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• A bit brighter today than yesterday. I calculated that just over 1.3 million litres of rain fell on our land yesterday. In the whole of our valley, quite a few times that. Some of it must make its way into the aquifer, mustn't it? So, I'm going to go gangbusters and get all the seeds I really want to grow this year, including potatoes. And just hope it keeps raining on and off during the year to keep the watering going.

And like Greenleaves, I've noticed the weeds are starting to grow here as well. It's been so brown here for months that any sign of green is welcome.

Comment

• Good Morning Cad'n'All Seems mild here but it is difficult to say from my position in bed. I've no plans other than the laundry and some rest today. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Snuck in there Snoop - Morning
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning, heavy rain here this morning but then that's the usual unlike Snoop its dry days that are rare here, going visiting a friend, though he may well be moved to the hospice as his wife says he is deteriorating quite rapidly, sorry for the doom and gloom, enjoy your day and keep safe

Comment

• Morning All

11° in the greenhouse this morning and the clear sky's have given way to cloud. Rain forecast for this morning but sunshine supposed to return after lunch. Off over the plots soon.

Have a super Saturday all

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                A dull day here st the moment.
                                It's dry but rain forecast.
                                Like Rary I am hospital visiting today.
                                My sister in law had a big operation this week.
                                She has had health problems for many years but getting progressively worse.
                                Two hours travel each way so not too much else will get done today.
                                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...