This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon,

I went and nipped on the allotment this morning, didn't do much as I could not get in my greenhouse. The door has frozen shut. So just had a look around on the plot instead(Not much to see) Then came back home where it's nice and warm.
    Carrie

Comment

• Afternoon we've been out walking kept to the roads I just didn't fancy wading through the sludgy fields. Back home now to a piece of carrot cake and mug of tea.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Happy St Andrews Day

Artnoon all
        You can keep the snow as long as you like - be my guest
        Its been sunny but nippy here - perfect weather to plant the Medlar that arrived today and I moved a Mirabelle while I was in tree planting mood.
        One of the little apple trees I received a week or so back is coming into flower
        Better go and tuck up the chooks for the night! See ya later ........

Comment

• Good evening all.
          Went out for a walk this morning and when I got to the top of the road the bus came along so I decided to go into town.
          Got some cards and some gifts and went in for lunch and had lovely home-made veg soup.
          Home now and OH is making dinner.
          Have a nice evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all. WWWinter has set in up here. Only about an inch of snow mind but nowadays, that's enough to close all the country schools. I always swore I would never say "when I was a lad" but when I was a lad, a wee puckle o snaw just wouldn't have made us blink. in fact, if the buses didn't run because of snow on the roads, the local kids going to the big school would walk the 4½miles each way there and back.

Kids are just mollycoddled nowadays and elfin safety has gone too far.

Comment

• Oh gosh!...hadn't realised it was St Andrews Day!...just enough time to partake in a wee dram....

We eventually had enough sleet/snow for enough to settle ...all gone now, but ...yippppeee
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                Good evening all.
                Went out for a walk this morning and when I got to the top of the road the bus came along so I decided to go into town.
                Got some cards and some gifts and went in for lunch and had lovely home-made veg soup.
                Home now and OH is making dinner.
                Have a nice evening all.
                WHAT no coat
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening, it has been a bright dry cold day today, but not able to get into the garden, was told I was going shopping, then had to take my youngest grandson to swimming lessons, but during the short interval when I got time to sit there were two Eurasian nuthatch birds feeding though there could be more they move very fast but today while one was at the feeder an other came and fed off the nuts ( no not VC and Co) the photo attached is the one I took yesterday
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010039a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	2375777
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Yes rary, that;s a Nuthatch! They come here at this time of year too, and run up and down the tree. Remind me of little kingfishers -pretty birds.

Comment

• Those are the ones we usually have in the garden....but we've not seen any for months
                      Ever so pretty aren't they?
                      Last edited by Nicos; 30-11-2017, 08:29 PM.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Just a heads up - if you're offered the Windows 10 update it take hours! I'm on my old laptop at the mo, while the other whirrs away Still only 49% completed.

Comment

• Thanks for that info. VC I think I will stick with what I`v got, it took me ages to be able to partially under stand this one, I always thought that when they brought out newer programs they would be easier to operate.
                          Wrong

Comment

• I "think" part of it is a security update that may be worth having. Not sure about the rest yet as I'm only 82% so far!

Comment

• Morning you motley crew, No I can't sleep too bunged up and I look really silly in the frock of the day at this time in the morning. Much warmer in the greenhouse today between 2.2 - 2.3 C
                              sigpic
                              . .......Man Vs Slug
                              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good Morning Cad'n'all and Happy Friday Nice frock and the sleeves will come in handy if you're snotty Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X