This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Rary you're so right!
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• My comments in the GR about a parrot are based on true events about a parrot in a pub in Bourton-on-the-water.
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo et al, there was ice and frost on the roads and paths when I got up at 4 ish but the rain has taken all that away and its 2.3 degrees in the greenhouse this morning. Mrs C came downstairs yesterday and today with the assistance of my youngest we are hoping to get her out of the house an to the shops now that she will use the wheelchair.
          sigpic
          . .......Man Vs Slug
          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
          Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning All

2 degrees here and dry. Hope everything goes to plan Cads and the OH enjoys her trip

Happy Friday all

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Cor blimey it! It's still quite dark out there...less than a week to go and the days will start getting longer again.
              It's the dark mornings over here which strike me more than the darker evenings...I just don't want to get up!!!

Hoping for a quiet day...I think we'll go for a walk and collect mistletoe and holly from the fields ...maybe make some mulled wine. Anyone fancy a glass later on?

I imagine peeps will be going tomXmas events this weekend?...stay safe and enjoy!
              See ya later...
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Glad to hear Mrs C is a bit more mobile, Cadalot. Bet she'll enjoy being out. Hope you all have a good time.

Meanwhile, bright and blowy here. Glad I'm indoors, to be honest. Will be time to get the fire going soon. Ooh, in about five minutes I'd say.

Have a jolly Friday everyone.

Comment

• Morning all, raining here
                  Hope Mrs Cad has a nice time out
                  Fat club this morning, will report the results later. I feel I have been virtuous this week, so that means no weight loss, funny how it works.
                  To be honest, I'm not doing any exercise apart from walking round the house, shops and work.
                  This weather does not lend itself to walking outdoors does it?
                  Have a great day folks
                  Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning its a bit icy out but that's about it. Sounds like Mrs C is doing a lot better Cads
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, glad Mrs. C. feels like a trip out Cad, that's real progress!
                      Like Cad it was very icy when I was up around 4am but it is slowly defrosting. Still a bit slippy on the roads but cars are all defrosted. When I was out yesterday the car park I was in was very slushy and icy, nearly slipped over twice. When I was going back to my car an older lady got out of her car with her walking stick and I thought maybe I should offer to walk up the hill with her. Eh, no she was off like a whippet...really she should have been helping me!
                      Anyhoo, off to the hospital with my mum today so will see you all later. Hope you have a great day.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        A cold but bright morning at 5deg.
                        Off out this morning to deliver a birthday gift to my daughter in law.
                        Returning books to the library.
                        Some grocery shopping and out to the putch and putt Christmas dinner tonight,
                        Have a good day all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• afternoon all,was a few patches of ice in the shade around the yard earlier on,but warmish in the sun,fairy been and gone,Cad,so pleased to hear about MRS cad,it will do everyone good just to share some time out together,mine does not know it yet,but we are going out in a bit hehehehehe.
                          Last edited by lottie dolly; 15-12-2017, 12:37 PM.
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon all.
                            1/2 lb off this week, better than putting it back on lol
                            1 stone 2 lb gone now
                            Went out for lunch at a garden centre with a friend and ate enough to put back the 1/2 lb back on .....
                            It was lovely looking at all the Christmas bits and pieces.
                            I lost count with how many times I said 'how much?'
                            Rary would have fainted
                            Shopping chores all done for this week
                            Have a lovely evening
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Happy Friday! Dry here, sunny and not too cold
                              Spent early morning with a neighbour trying to cram all the bin bags that the "now moved out" neighbours had left into our bins! All sorted and the binmen were happy to take all the bags of recyclables - about 16 bags
                              Then to Asdo's where all Chr****** trees and decs are half price! Still 10 days to go and they're clearing the shelves.
                              Next to my Mum's who was in the middle of cooking her lunch. Sausages, potatoes, carrots, peas and gravy - she has a good appetite for a 97 year old.
                              Now I'm home again and its getting too gloomy to do much outside - so I won't.
                              Hope you've all had a good day and the weather has been kind to you

Comment

• What a great woman.......your mum that is.
                                My mam lived to 97 but she had alzheimers from roughly the late 80' s.
                                Strong women from that era.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...