This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JanieB View Post
    Got home about an hour ago. The dogs have opened their presents. Now ensconced on the sofa with me. Prince with his chin on his new favorite toy. Hollie asleep exhausted. Lovely, lovely day yesterday until about 9.30 pm when in the middle of a game of "Cards against Humanity" I came out of the loo to it all kicking off between my daughters boyfriend and her son. I don't care what started it. I backed off into the office for a few minutes. I then found my inner tiger. Trust me, I really don't do this. I let peoples arguments resolve themselves. But I remember all the years I did Christmas for the family whilst working fulltime and with children at home. My daughter had pulled all the stops out even though she has had a bug for the last week and is feeling really rough. I waded in. I was so angry that they were spoiling such a fantastic day. Sorry but I told them they were petty and infantile and I didn't care who started it. They were ruining a really good Christmas and to pack it in. They were behaving like children and if they felt that strongly about their differences sort it out on another day when they were sober. I was actually amazed that they stopped. One went to bed as did I. The youngsters stayed up for another couple of hours.

I have never managed to stop an escalating family argument before. One of them isn't a drinker and the other one was very drunk.
    Sounds like a normal boxing day to me!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
      Sounds like a normal boxing day to me!
      Quite! But it's a long time since I've had any experience of it and I don't want to go there again.
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

• Evening all, hope you've all had a nice Boxing Day
        The beef was divine and still enough for a few days yet
        Diet? What diet? I have had untold mince pies, home made trifle and cream and a Yorkshire pudding!
        Need to get this sorted and start again tomorrow.
        Wish me luck with weigh in on Friday
        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good Morning All I'm back at work today by choice. Dark and cold. Have a good day )
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Only half a smile there I hear snow is on the way
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo

Enjoy being back at work after the festivities

Currently - 1 in the greenhouse and cloudy.

Have a good day all

Comment

• Morning heavy rain here at the moment but with snow due later.

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                Only half a smile there I hear snow is on the way
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• The robin fed at 06:45.
                  Almost horizontal sleet. Not that cold.
                  Builders already at work since at least 08:00, indoors, over the road!
                  Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Update on the weather....we now have heavy snow

Comment

• It rained in the night! Only about 4 mm/litres per square metre, but that's better than nothing. And although it's due to be extremely windy today, some of it will have soaked in. Unbelievable. No more forecast, but anything is better than nothing.

Another working day ahead. Mr Snoop is trying to sort out all his junk on the drive. I've offered to help, but the offer was not welcomed!

Anyway, another day, another dollar (working day here). Hope we all have a good one.

Comment

• Morning all, got up to snow falling. Not settling though.
                        I might go into work later, if not, then definately tomorrow
                        Need to get back to normal and out of the food temptation zone
                        Well. That's Christmas 2018 well and truly over, I've enjoyed it and now look forward to buying seeds and plants and get back to growing again
                        Have a great day folks
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning all,what a change in the so called weather,sunn 1 day and snow the next,only a smattering,ref the news,some have it bad,and no power,stay safe all,
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Dark, windy and sleeting here.
                            Snoop...you're most welcome to it!...swap?
                            Having said that, OH dropped a stone down our well and it's empty!
                            Maybe we do need it after all?

Not quite sure what today will bring, but we'll probably go out somewhere local today.
                            See ya later peeps
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                              Update on the weather....we now have heavy snow
                              Snowing heavy here as well GL, plus its settling
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Happy Wednesday from Sunshiny SW - yes really, it is Its 22 in the GH. There's a dusting of white stuff on the hills to the north and I can see snow across the water in Somerset. Hope you're all warm and powered up.
                                No plans for today - a little weeding, a little meandering and a bit of planning for 2018. First I have to make a plan to decide what I'm going to plan I might make a list after that.
                                Have a good day whatever you think you're doing!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X