Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi vix glad to see you Clearing out wardrobes here inbetween word puzzles. Very windy here
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Hi there and welcome back!

I've just sat down after scrubbing the cooker, cooker hood, walls and floor yup...I've been jam making again!!!

Went through the fruit freezer and pulled out 3kg of our own fruit ...some strawberries and nectarines(bought)...and some raspberries and a mix of garden berries, and made 2 batches of jam.
      Lovely to hear the lids popping!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Well done Nicos, all I've made this year is sloe gin and that was late so won't be ready until Feb earliest. I do have enough sloes left to make several more jars. This would be a bonus if there is no sloe harvest next year.
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good evening, it has been a very wet day today, picked up our GD. and took her shopping as she is buying a flat, she picked we paid don't think she knows I'm a pensioner (retired very very young VC) we went for lunch first and I paid, so that's me skint for the rest of the year I also treated myself to a new max. min. thermometer as I need to monitor the temp. in the potting shed, or to put it an other way check the temp. of my hut Right need to go just now as I need to take the dog home so will be wrapping up well as its quite windy outside, might catch you later, if not keep warm, safe and pass on a smile
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Should have added welcome back vixy, nice to have other young folk on, I felt a bit outnumbered on here
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• You bought your granddaughter a flat rary...what a grandad!

Welcome back Vix, good to see you and glad you are well.

Snoop, funny you should mention wasps...we were down in Ayrshire overnight and had a huge wasp in the kitchen...in December? I'm guessing it was a Queen hibernating in the woodpile and we have brought it indoors and the warmth has woken her up. Sad to say that without thinking I let it outside...feel sad now.
              Anyhoo, hope you all enjoyed your day. Not long left of 2017 now, wasn't that a quick year!

Oh Cad, meant to ask how Mrs. Cad is?
              sigpic

Comment

• Jay, I do know why people think wasps are awful, but if anyone looks at their actual life style they do an enormous amount of good. Their big problem that differentiates them from bees is that we can't make use of them and take their honey.
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                  You bought your granddaughter a flat rary...what a grandad!
                  Well I won't be showing her this post, just in case she gets idea's

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                  Jay, I do know why people think wasps are awful, but if anyone looks at their actual life style they do an enormous amount of good. Their big problem that differentiates them from bees is that we can't make use of them and take their honey.
                  And very difficult to milk

Comment

• Morning People - Dark and wet out there, the weather forecast has changed since last night, now it's overcast until the afternoon, so if youngest daughter is going to be around this morning I may get a few hours in on the allotment if I'm lucky, here's hoping.
                    sigpic
                    . .......Man Vs Slug
                    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning its windy here and later on its supposed to be sunny
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all,looks wet outside,got up early,dressed and organised to go shops,then realised they not open till 10 am,what a plank,thought i might beat the crowds for parking,and a space on the road,at least i should be ready now,things to cook for tonights get together,then a few winks before tartup and go mode,Bgood 2yourselv's,i like new year
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzly again and a balmy 19 degrees. Just noticed it's Boble's birthday today, I wonder if he ever looks in? Have a good day and see you next year - unless I see you before
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                            Strong gusts and rain here too!....need to move my car from under the tree

Tis funny watching the hens in this weather....two steps forwards...one step sideways!....brings back memories of being a child on Blackpool pier!

Have a great day peeps...anyone out celebrating this evening?
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all
                              Looks like 2017 is leaving kicking and screaming it's flipping horrible out there!
                              I'm off it to brave the elements now it's light enough, to feed everyone and walk breeze.
                              Have a good day everyone.

Comment

• Happy Sunday Grey, dry, calm and 9C. Just need my daily dose of sunshine and I'm sorted!
                                Need to plant out the 20p Hellebores and the 50p hyacinths today. I luvs a bargin
                                Enjoy your day whatever it blows at you!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X