This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning All

Dry but windy here, will be over the plots later if it stays dry.

Have a nice Wednesday all

Comment

• Dry but very chilly up ere

Comment

• We have bright and breezy but cold, some of the snow gates were closed on the hill roads, so no hill walking today.

Comment

• Good morning all.
          Same weather as most others.
          Dry but very windy with heavy showers expected.
          In other words, it will probably be a domestic day again.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, at last the rain has stopped...it has poured down most of yesterday evening and all night, no wind though which is a blessing. Domestics this morning and taking down tree etc. Think the house always looks so dull after Christmas.
            Hope you all have a lovely day.
            sigpic

Comment

• Morning all,no idea about weather in the night,ground wet and sun trying just now oh and a little windy,got go spending money in a bit vacuum packed up,have a good day all.
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                Late start...no electricity!
                All back to normal now, but I need to check on 3 houses for any damage and reset their timers....

Best go and brave the wind before it starts sleeting again....
                Have a safe day peeps....
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• 10C/50F overcast. Very gusty with a hell of a windchill.

Wafts of winter box between gusts. Loads of scent from such small flowers. Similar to osmanthus a while back.

Can't dig up dahlias in case wind brings down branches from cedar.
                  Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Had to go out this morning. Took my car for repairs and MOT which should have happened yesterday. My son brought me back via breakfast at a fantastic greasy spoon near me. And i seem to have acquired his dog for a “couple of hours”. Funny because he’s also given me food for her (she won’t eat dog food), and ensured that I have collar, lead and bed. Oh, and the 2 hours were up an hour ago.

I’d only just taken my coat off when a friend phoned me asking for help filling in a form which is due to be returned ASAP. Whilst I was there I had a message that the VAT paperwork for a local business was ready for collection.

Aaaaaand chill.
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

• I don't want to speak too soon,
                      But,
                      Even though the clouds are dark and full of rain,

It just seems to me that for the past couple of days I've noticed it was a bit lighter for longer.....

Anyone else noticed that?
                      Our chooks certainly have.....

Yipppeeee

Comment

• Originally posted by DannyK View Post
                        10C/50F overcast. Very gusty with a hell of a windchill.

Wafts of winter box between gusts. Loads of scent from such small flowers. Similar to osmanthus a while back.

Can't dig up dahlias in case wind brings down branches from cedar.
                        Danny, just wondering why you are digging your dahlias up at this time of the year?

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, some heavy showers here today, with a bit of wind but not too bad as I am for out to the greenhouse for a time, won't be doing anything just light the fire and read, went up to a GC today and bought some celery seeds so might sow them, while we were out OH wanted to do a bit of shopping, as she was buying stuff for me, but his was accessible got a couple of shirts and was told to get the ones with worn collers out what is it about women if they see a man feeling comfortable they have to try and alter this, I will see where I can put them out the way for a time, as she bought me shirts I offered to buy her a coffee, but sadly the machine wouldn't take the old pound coins, plus I was told there is no way she is drinking out of a vending machine, some people are hard to please, right for out to the greenhouse
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                            And i seem to have acquired his dog for a “couple of hours”. Funny because he’s also given me food for her (she won’t eat dog food), and ensured that I have collar, lead and bed. Oh, and the 2 hours were up an hour ago.
                            I was right. I have Princess for the night.

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            It just seems to me that for the past couple of days I've noticed it was a bit lighter for longer.....
                            It seems to be just as dark in the evenings, even seems darker earlier, probably because the weather is carp. But it is definitely lighter in the mornings.
                            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good Morning All Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flo'nall

We had another sesh of no electricity yesterday evening!
                                Thank goodness for wood stoves and candles eh?

Think we might take the decorations down today but leave the trees until 12th night.
                                More sorting for me today.
                                Have a great day peeps

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X