This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Everyone!

Decisively grey and overcast here this morning, still layed in my "Pit" having had a well deserved lie in, but best get a wiggle on, can hear the kettle in the kitchen boiling.

Have fun whatever you get up to!
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• What a dreadful morning.
      Rain, wind, stormy overnight and altogether miserable.
      An indoor day for sure.
      Hate a wet Saturday.
      Enjoy the outdoors anybody who id lucky rnough to have a dry day.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, though we were going to have a dry day but is pouring down now...and dark! Forecast is for snow next week too! Not much getting done today, off to hockey tonight though which we are looking forward too even though our team is not so good this season. Anyhoo, hope you all have a lovely day whatever you are doing.
        sigpic

Comment

• Evening All

Spent a chilly afternoon over the plots, done a little digging and a lot of chatting in the greenhouse cuddling soup

Enjoy you Saturday evening
          Last edited by Greenleaves; 13-01-2018, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Good Morning All Room service and a book, bliss. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning looks like being a dry day here so I'll tidy the garden later then get the veg for tonight's meal.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• We have a fair bit of fog coming off the sea, but the sun rise was magnificent.

Comment

• Morning All

4° this morning and a bit misty, but after all it is January. Not really sure what to do today but will find something before the OH finds me something to do!

Have a pleasant Sunday

Comment

• Good morning all,dry cold with gray sky,cad,put em in a bag,say next time they are just going in the bin,get her her own hoover,to be kept in her bedroom,some ofsprings do not listen,no matter what you say and do,even when left home,they can can be a blessing or a blessed pain the unowhat.
                    A note to all grapes expecting snow,please keep it.
                    Not sure what to do today,still got things in the loft to sort,it'e amazing what is collected over the years,at the time it could be usefull 1 day,only to be forgotten it existed in the first place,Bgood 2yourselves.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Too late to say good morning so it's good day from me.
                      Sunny and dry here at 4 deg but the place is still sodden from all the rain that fell yesterday.
                      Off out to church shortly and then off to check out two garden centres.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon, we are at 6 degrees at the moment but funnily enough it feels cold. Snow forecast, will believe it when I see it. Off out for a bit so will catch up later, hope you all have a lovely day.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Good evening raining again, so trying to upload some photos, the first shows the raised border where I have removed all the plants Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010058.aJPG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	2376182

managed to upload one photo then failed
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening, had it dry this afternoon, so after church I managed to get out to the garden for a time, continued to work on the raised border got one photo uploaded then unable to load more, was going to go out to the greenhouse for a time, but along with the heavy rain we have high winds, so now going to read for atime. Am I the only one that can't suffer all the screaming that goes on when these competition type dancing shows are on, possibly VC is right I am getting old (I wonder if that's an other sign, thinking VC could be right) Right off to read a good book, keep safe and remember, you only have five days to enjoy yourself before the weekend Goodnight
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Rary, from the photo your raised bed doesn't appear to be more than six inches above the ground. I don't quite see the advantage of it unless it saves digging.

Comment

• ^^^ not answering for Rary... I've found six inches to be quite helpful

If you've got clay soil for example, you might find that 6" of composted soil help your baby plants get going and once the roots hit the clay they are big enough to make ingress...probably will give better drainage etc too...
                                sigpic
                                1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X