Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooooh it's windy out there right now! And wet... tomorrow was supposed to be my chance to get to the plot...
    He-Pep!

Comment

• Originally posted by boatsman View Post
      Rary, from the photo your raised bed doesn't appear to be more than six inches above the ground. I don't quite see the advantage of it unless it saves digging.
      Actually Boatsman, it is 10 inches deep, and yes it is to save any digging plus easier for weeding and also to protect my plants from four boys who seem to think every bit of ground around the grass is for walking on and I intend to put trailing begonias and geraniums into the flower bed ( I will ask VC for advice on the begonias as I recollect she seems to like collecting them) I have now covered the soil with cardboard and topped up wit six inches of compost
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning Crew, very wet and very windy out there this morning !

Stay in doors or make sure you are Water & Wind proof or at ;east very resistant if you have to venture out
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning All, I think as it very dark out!

Same weather as Cads has here. I shall be watching the weather with interest this week as the local forecast was for a relatively mild week. But our Penellype says we are due a cold snap.

Happy Monday
          Last edited by Greenleaves; 15-01-2018, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All Wet here too. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning its wet and windy here as well.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all,just been watching the clouds,1 patch is very low almost like smoke from a fire,very wierd,ground all wet,glad i not got to go out,OOOH a hint of sun,Bgood 2yourselves.
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• The forecast says more sun than cloud... Pah!

Anyway, all jolly here. Getting through the work. Onions to put in this afternoon. Blancas y Dulces (Sweet White). Lovely for early summer salads, so that's nice to look forward to, food and weatherwise.

Comment

• Morning all, well yesterday started off ok weatherwise and ended in torrential rain and blowing a hoolie! Showers at the moment but it feels cooler. Took a trip down to Port Glasgow for a bit of shopping but decided before that to go the Cardwell garden centre just outside Gourock. Our first visit and I was a little disappointed. Seems to be a little unloved. Rary will know it, what do you think of it rary? It could just have been because it's winter. Anyhoo OH was happy as not a penny was spent...he's a bit like rary that way but he did pay for lunch.
                    Best go and feed the birds, by the look of the weather forecast they are going to be needing it over the next couple of days. Hope you all have a lovely day.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Dry and sunny here at the moment.
                      Our forecast for the coming week is horrible.
                      Rain, wind, sleet, thunder and very cold.
                      So hoping it's not as bad as they are saying.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Late on parade again(I have been up for hours, but involved with a couple of other forums and there's free fishing on offer on one of them). Nice morning here, winds dropped and the sun keeps peeping through, I do have a wobbly front gate post to see too, see you later.

Comment

• good afternoon, cold with heavy showers today, and yes Jay I have visited Cardwell GC. several times, and I think it is a bit of a let down in the winter, though not too bad spring onwards, usually find it a bit pricey and I don't let OH buy anything other than coffee, though I note your OH paid for lunch (the boy`s got a lot to learn), if you are heading down past Ayr sometime in the spring call in at Gemmells its about 5 miles along the Ayr Cummnock road good stock, and good reasonably priced meals.
                          Went out with the dog earlier and of course when at the furthest point of the walk the rain came on also with a temperature drop, now just waiting to go and collect the boys from school, and we have had the oldest GS here from this morning as he is not feeling too well right need to go OH is making me a coffee
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening all, what a rotten day it's been.
                            Back to work today and took in loads of donations, no paying customers though
                            Got a nice stew in the slow cooker to keep us warm
                            Have a nice evening folks
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good Morning All Cold and wet here but ner sner, well not yet. Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning All

5.5° and a little breezy this morning. Going to be housebound today as we have builders in replacing the water supply pipe.

Have a fun Tuesday

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X