Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mucho coldo here this morning. But bright, bright sun. So with any luck the frost and ice will thaw. Though yesterday we had patches of ice that survived the whole day, despite the sunshine.

Am getting antsy about the veg patch now. So will at last make my order of seeds from France. Am thinking of getting Amandine first earlies and Kerpondy maincrops from them as well. Any views, Nicos?

Still busy with paid work, but a bit calmer. Come next weekend, I should be free to make a start for real. No sowing to speak of I think, due to forecast snow and rain. But maybe get the groundwork well on the way (if not finished).

Anyway, have a jolly weekend everyone.

Comment

• Pleasantly bright and calm, if a tad chilly, but no frost, the snow is due later apparently.

Comment

• Good morning all
        A little on the cloudy side but beginning to brighten up.cold with just 3 deg.
        The jury is out on pitch and putt as it's a bit on the cold side and I don't want to miss the rugby.
        Bacon, egg, mushrooms and tomatoes for breakfast this morning.
        Weekend treat., life is too short not to!!!

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Cold here in Northern Ireland. My oldest son is returning home in a few days after finishing university degree in Thailand. This weather is going to be a terrible shock to his system. Pity I can’t harden him off
          Like a seedling.

Comment

• Afternoon people such a great sunny day !!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-02-24 Space Saver 03.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	2376579

Monitoring the greenhouse

Figures for the Day so far

Time.....Left Right Difference
            Night...-1.50 -1.40 0.10 C
            Max....24.50 30.50 6.00 C
            10:15 13.80 28.70 14.90 C
            11:07 11.80 15.40 3.60 C
            11:47 10.90 19.50 8.60 C

Have a great day
            Last edited by Cadalot; 24-02-2018, 11:11 AM.
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Snoop...I only get Charlottes from the local garden centre and sometimes a traditional chipping spud form the UK...never done mail order in France nor grown any other French varieties!!!!
              Charlotte always does really well for me .
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all. Lovely sunny day here but a nippy old wind. Been up the lotty all morning turning compost, moving wood chips and cultivating my social skills
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Snoop...I only get Charlottes from the local garden centre and sometimes a traditional chipping spud form the UK...never done mail order in France nor grown any other French varieties!!!!
                  Charlotte always does really well for me .
                  Thanks, I usually grow Charlottes too. We love them, but they don't keep all that well in our cellar. I'm going to grow fewer potatoes this year, so was thinking about first earlies to get an early harvest and then maincrops for storage.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Out for lunch today...this is going to be a lovely change!

Heavy frost again here ... I must go and leave water for the wild birds -I think about food , but forget about water

Have a great day peeps...keep warm!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All New book to start this morning before my son arrives for breakfast. Lovely afternoon yesterday shopping with my daughter and the eldest Golden Girl. Cold here but no frost. Have a lovely Sunday
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all..

Early start for me this morning. Up at 5.30 for trip to the airport ..Away for a week for work..
                        My son of 6 is not too happy about this and kept asking why he couldnt come with me..I told him he would need a visa and it was too late to get one now.
                        Told him he could come to airport to say goodbye..Soon as we are sat in the car this morning, he goes"oh look, I just found a visa" (an old sheet of paper I had left there)
                        Determined to go he was..
                        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                        sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Hope you have a good trip, Tripmeup.

Brightest morning yet, but so very, very cold. I need to go and see to the chickens to make sure they've got water too, Nicos, as it'll all be frozen over. Hope they don't scoot out behind my legs though. It's a hunting day today and conditions are good for the hunters, if not the animals... Worst of all, though, are the hunters' dogs, who roam about regardless of where their owners are.

Not much other news. Mr Snoop is out with the dogs, gathering kindling at the moment, before it all gets wet in the rain and snow. As for me, it might be Sunday but it's just: another day, another euro. My own fault though. Sooner or later, I'll start saying no to more work.

Have a lovely day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning All

Currently -2.5° outside but a very vibrant blue sky. I shall be off over the plots today as I have to play catch up having been away for a week.

I covered 3 beds yesterday to stop them freezing so will be digging those today

Keep warm everyone

Comment

• Morning another frosty but sunny day here best wrap up warm if you're out and about.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                A bright sunny morning but very cold
                                Wrap up well and have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics