Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning All, -6.2 in the night and what fantastic bright moonlight. Snowing gently at the mo, maybe we'll get a covering.

Enjoy your day
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning All

Temp got down to -8° overnight and we have very fine snow falling. Certainly a day when brass monkeys will be looking for welders

We currently have Amber weather warnings in place for tomorrow and Friday so could turn nasty.

Have a safe and warm day all

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
        Ner sner 'ere....
        ..but a beautifully frost morning pink and glistening in the early morning sunshine.

-13C at the moment!

Poor wild birds struggled to peck at the solid fat balls yesterday.
        Can you imagine having to sleep outside in this?

Just a heads up...last day for the snow creation comp (closes at 10 pm tonight)-and we only have one entry so far...Any more takers?...
        https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...8-a_95302.html

Have a great day peeps-what ever you do!
        Keep warm and hopefully no tumbles...
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning, snowing here and all schools are closed 4 boys off think I will go and clear the roads into the schools it would be easier, I could be Gray haired by the end of today,
          ....if I had hair
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Very light dusting of snow here last night but rain since. And strong winds. Seeing as I don't have to go out today, I don't mind. But that's just me being smug and is not very nice.

So, have a great day everyone. Strict orders: no daredevil antics in vehicles and no falls on paths.

Comment

• Morning we've got a few inch of snow and warmer temps than most of you at -4.5c in my GH overnight. Still too cold to for me to play in the snow though Nicos so no snowman building here.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning everyone - we have SNOW!
                Not just any snow, it's stay put, make your garden look lovely snow.
                You can tell I haven't been out in it yet ....
                Checked with Daughter in the Chilterns, no problems for them as such. So I don't need to post the GG up to Rary to look after.
                Car has gone in for a service this morning, we are taking bets how much this will end up being. We have had four figures before.
                Anyway, enough rambling, wrap up warm and no heroics peeps
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  Snowing here since last night.
                  It's currently -2.5 with a stiff breeze.
                  Stay safe and warm all and if you must drive, take care.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Happy Wednesday from...........yes, honestly, its sunny. There was a little bit of snow earlier which has lingered in the shade and its cold, but that's normal
                    Kettles on if you want one. It'll have to be a virtual cuppa as you mustn't travel unless necessary.
                    Stay safe and remember to Walk like a Penguin (You can stop when you're indoors unless you want to make people laugh).

Comment

• Well we have been just issued a red weather warning here.
                      Dublin, Wicklow, Kildare, Louth and Meath.
                      All schools, colleges and unis are closed.
                      Not going anywhere so.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Was a good 5ins of snow out there when I got up and the only place thawing in the sunshine is on the greenhouse roofs - which will save me from having to sweep them
                        It's still -3C and went down to -10C overnight OMG! The wind is getting up now as well - good job I don't have to go out (except to empty the ash from the stove - that was fun first thing )
                        Stay warm and safe everyone.

Comment

• Himself picked me up from work at noon. Treacherous journey home but made it Still snowing so housework calling. Copping a deaf un
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good afternoon still snowing here at the moment, finished up my son had to turn back as he couldn't get into work, dropped the boy's off at 7·20 returned for them at 11·30 just in time for lunch, and our daughter was also home early with the news that the schools are off tomorrow, and no NS all parcels will be returned,, with a free gift, or possibly that should be three gift though that still leaves one up here, and I don't know which one would be the least bother was out at the greenhouse earlier and the lowest temp. overnight was 7·5c so the fire definitely keeping the temp up, and at the moment watching the birds at the feeders had to fill two up twice so the birds are really struggling. Keep warm and safe if you have to go out in the snow wrap up warm and walk if practical, and use a walking stick
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening all, snowed on and off all day, not settling on the roads too much as they have been gritted
                              Sorry you don't want to look after my GG Rary, she's a lovely little girl .......
                              I was frequently with my Grandparents and Aunt, whilst growing up. They have all left me with lovely memories, so Rary, you're doing a grand job
                              Birds have been feeding lots today, we have had a double top up too.
                              Hope everyone's heating is all working ok now.
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Evening, its snowed here all day garden looks pretty with all those drifts not good on the roads though.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X