Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening, a cold clear night tonight, not snowing at present so hoping it stays that way overnight, we have the boy's tomorrow as the schools are closed again, and still waiting to get my car back ten days to replace the boot lid I thought you could build a car in that time, if I get a questionnaire about the service it won't be a satisfied customer filling it in, off to bed now no matter how you feel about some things try and pass on a smile Goodnight
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Just started snowing here again. I'm undecided about going to work today. Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Decision made. It looks treacherous out there, I'm sure they'll manage without me for once. I do feel guilty though!
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• ^Far better to stay warm and safe!

As for here, grey, overcast and very windy. The 'major snowstorm' we were forecast didn't happen and the predicted rain has halved. Quite glad really. In fact, the birds are singing away today, so they think spring is on the way.

Spent far too long on the Web yesterday, looking up this and that. Better get my head down today. Could do with some lie-ins and no work at the weekend. Maybe even some gardening work depending on conditions. Though realistically that might just boil down to ordering assorted flower seeds and then my potatoes and other seeds. Trying not to get too excited...

Have a toasty day everyone, especially Nicos.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Well...would you believe it?...we have about 1cm of sner!
            Hibou went out for a pee and was back indoors before I'd even had the chance to make a cuppa.

Fioul delivery is due this afternoon
            ....but....here's an interesting thing which the UK should perhaps think about....when there is a certain amount of snow on the roads trucks are banned from using them!
            So....fingers crossed that the ban hasn't been implemented....

Keep warm and safe peeps.....
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning 6 inch of snow here so we won't be going far, there's not many cars around our Milk man still delivered though it must have been early because we've got frozen milk not seen that happen for years.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Happy Snowshiny St David's Day
                The snow has finally arrived and we have a Red warning for this afternoon/overnight. The pups think its fun - not sure about the chook's views. I know what this old hen thinks.

Stay safe everyone - it not a day for heroics - and remember to Walk like a Penguin"

Comment

• Morning all, yes we are covered in snow still.
                  Fed up with it now, anyone want it back?
                  Daughter works in a big Te***o, and has been serving panic buyers all week lol.
                  Mainly milk and bread, suppose people freeze it.
                  Thoughts of gardening are slipping further away ....
                  Keep safe folks
                  Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    Yes, we are snowed in.
                    All busses are off the road today. Trains and trams will finish up at two o'clock this afternoon.
                    The airport is closed. All schools and unit's are closed.
                    Lidl and some Tesco branches are closed and everybody told to stay indoors from this afternoon.
                    The only good thing, old age pensioners got a double week of fuel allowance.
                    Gardening seems a long way away but so far my tomatoes and peppers are surviving.
                    Stay safe all..ĺstay warm, and drive carefully if you must.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, snowed in here too! Everything closed, schools, airports shopping centres, roads! Some poor folk spend yesterday afternoon and night on the M80 on the outskirts of Glasgow...and they are still there!!

Stay safe folks!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon from a very cold place,not much in the way of snow,but it keeps having flutters,and traffic is moving as usual,i hope your fuel gets though nicos,and those snowed in take care,TV had a nurse on from lincolnshire,she had WALKED 10 miles into the hospital,aparently other medical staff did as well,and sleeping over,just for patient care,how is that for dedication to your job and others in need,as a result,the TV has given her and her family a 3 day brake abroad,when she is able,it came to light on facebook,she documented it as she walked along,took 3 hours,
                        3 CHEERS FOR THEM ALL.
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Forgot to say....Happy St. David's Day.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all. would have been morning but took me ages to catch up.

Good your heating oil is coming Nicos and that Hibou is stii on the go.

Took a walk to the local Co-op earlier to get some bread but they didn't have any wholemeal or indeed anything other than white finger buns. ) Bought the finger buns and then headed to the bakers where they had bread . yay. Pavements really not good to walk on

Comment

• Still snowing here so I'm going nowhere
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Afters All

We have a few centimetres of snow and a current temp of -4.8°, we are due significantly more overnight. Plans for the plots are on hold until we get back to normal conditions.

Stay warm and keep safe all
                                Last edited by Greenleaves; 01-03-2018, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X