This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Still snowing here and blowing a gale with bitterly cold winds.
    We are in a red weather zone until six o'clock this evening.
    Everything closed down, transport and shops so another day indoors.
    Never saw so much snow and it's not finished yet.
    Stay warm and safe all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Our main road was closed with drifting snow, it is now open apparently, but I can't see any traffic going up the hill to Montrose.

Comment

• Can't quite believe it, the coal mans just been with two bags and a sack of best Rooster tatties, that's us set for at least a week whatever the weather does, SWMBO making a loaf of bread, just might be on black coffee though lol.

Comment

• Got to work and now home thank goodness Roads clear which is a blessing for our dialysis patients. Have a good evening
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Ow. Ow,ow,ow. Ow. My open fire is run on a base of coal with dry twigs, bits of old floorboard and broken fencing to provide heat and topped with very large hawthorn logs that burn slowly to keep the fire burning. I’ve just brought in tonight’s log. It’s big and heavy. A bit broke off whilst I was carrying it dropping the whole lot on my toe.

Could spring arrive please.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Still snowing here.
              Red weather warning now extended until nine o'clock tomorrow morning.
              Stay safe all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                Ow. Ow,ow,ow. Ow. A bit broke off whilst I was carrying it dropping the whole lot on my toe.
                Steel toecapped wellies are zero rated, so no VAT.
                Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• I wasn’t wearing shoes let alone steel toecaps.
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

• Evening All
                    Another day of snowfall. The drifts are against the front door and the side gate, so I can't open either without being buried in a drift Have to pick my route down to the chooks carefully as most of the snow is deeper than my (steel toe-capped) rigger boots.
                    The only traffic down the road outside is on sledges!! One of the joys of living on a hillside.
                    Its supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow - up to -1, maybe even some sleet. It'll feel quite tropical!
                    Hope you're all warm and safe and...................if, whoever has pinched my sunshine, returns it tomorrow, no more will be said on the matter. If you don't return it, I may need to dust off my pointy stick

Comment

• Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                      dropping the whole lot on my toe.

Could spring arrive please.
                      Is the spring to help you hop about til your toe is better?

Comment

• and still the snow falls

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          Its supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow - up to -1,
                          Methinx you meant not quite so cold

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                            Is the spring to help you hop about til your toe is better?

My name is not Tigger
                            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Its a bit like a half empty/full glass Ap. Mine's a large red, if you please

Comment

• Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                                Morning all. snow still falling here so once again we'll be on the inside looking out . We're in an orange warning zone which I think and hope expires at 10.00am. Snow is lovely to look at but difficult to live with. Reminds me of something else
                                Do you know my OH
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X