This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
    Nicos ref a pond,if you were to put it in the open,is it possible to erect some shading,via a woven fence,a sail shade,put up some canes and grow beans or something that climbs up,it can then be removed for winter.
    Nice idea!..another excuse to extend the cultivated part of the field!!!

Hmmm...
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afters All

Spent the afternoon turning the air blue whilst erecting the new greenhouse over the plots....just the glazing to do now

Comment

• Just had a look at the thread Google Earth, and noted that Nicos gave a warning about giving your home location away, which to me is so right, you never know who is on the Vine looking for that sort of info,tomorrow I am off to Iceland, therefore not good for folk to know my address, as I don't know how long I will be away, and if I can't get what I want there, I will have to go to Farmfoods

Though being serious Nicos s right you should never disclose your address on the web, and possibly never admit on the web that a woman is right
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I realised this morning that I hadn’t spoken to anyone face to face since Friday. I’ve not been neglected as my children have checked up on me by phone and on line. Spent the weekend preparing propagators and planting them up. Now it looks as if I have a garden I need flowers. I have hundreds of packets of fruit and veg seeds but very few flowers so I decided to go and find some at our local garden cen... sorry, department store. I followed this up with a top up shop at Aldi. £106 ish later... Aldi have garden stuff in too. Managed to hold off buying any more propagators in there as I have no more windowsills free.

Now it looks as if spring is actually going to arrive I can’t wait to get out there.
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Evening All
            Thought I'd better check in before you worry about me
            Snow's washed away so tomorrow I'm heading west for a couple of days. No internet so you'll have to play without me. Be good.

Comment

• Good Morning All Feels mild this morning. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning
                Carrie

Comment

• Mornin Flo'nall

Early start for me...got to get my car to the garage ASAP with fingers and toes crossed that whatever us wrong can be fixed by Friday night...otherwise we're in for an expensive car hire...

Is it me, or does it seem lighter earlier in the mornings?

Have a great day peeps...see ya later

Comment

• Ooops...you snuck in their quietly Carrie!
                    Ta for the tea

Comment

• Morning all, work this morning.
                      Light rain at the moment, I think the sun might come out later
                      Have a great day
                      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning all - I actually managed an hour on my plot yesterday morning as my wifes sister and niece visited in the morning. The wife had her follow up appointment last night, but it would appear only half the test results are on the computer system and we still have not been contacted by the physiotherapist or the rheumatologist so he is going to chase that for us as he want the rheumatologist to see the wife, but all indications are that it's Lupus and she will have to go on steroids and other medications to help deal with it.

Looks like we are dealing wet weather for the next few days, I need to try and shoehorn in a couple of short visits to the plot when it's dry even if it's only an hour.
                        Last edited by Cadalot; 07-03-2018, 06:43 AM.
                        sigpic
                        . .......Man Vs Slug
                        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good morning,woke up early,bit of of a frost but nice,i can now walk in my shed,plus have found the potting bench and compost,all itneeds now is organizing and thining out,hope your all well,chomping at the bit to start now,enjoy your day and Bgood2yourself.
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Really sorry to hear about your wife's likely diagnosis, Cadalot. Hope that getting the right medication will at least lead to some improvement for her. Best wishes to you both.

Comment

• As Snoops says Cads, sorry to hear the news but hopefully they can focus on making Mrs C feel more comfortable now.
                              3.5 here and fairly bright, not sure what's on for today. Hope the car's not too serious Nicos.

Hope your day goes well
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning All

Misty and 2° here this morning. Pleased to hear you have a probable diagnosis Cads, at least the Meds can be tailored now.

Think the OH has me lined up for shopping today

Have a happy Wednesday

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X