Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning soggy and wet out so anything outdoors will be in the GH.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning All

10° and grey in North Hampshire this morning but we have been promised the sun tomorrow

I shall be busy seed sowing in the greenhouses today.

Have a super Wednesday all

Comment

• Morning all,damp and grey,thunderstormes have been forcast ,looks like an indoor day and return of the project,have a good day
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning all.
          Dull, wet and grey here.
          A day for domestics me thinks.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Not much news. One big job out of the way, more work ahead. Always good to get something done, though. Was thinking about taking real gardening leave next week, but we're due some decent rain ending Tuesday (just over 50 mm/litres per square metre), so I might as well leave it till the ground is a bit drier. Checked my spuds this morning. Nice small, fat chits on all of them except the first earlies, which are still doing nowt. Very odd. They look all right apart from that, so I guess it's just a question of keeping the faith.

Have a jolly day, everyone.

Comment

• Bit late here, just got back from the allotments, after planting the rose against the shed. Didn't stay any longer cos it's blowing a hooley So although the temperature isn't too bad at 13C it's not a gardening day, with bins, lids and weed fabric blowing all over the place.

Home for coffee and then to do some ironing me thinks ( I really can't put it off any longer )

Enjoy what's left of it...

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post

Well AP, glad to see it took you most of the day. all the best to you for Thursday, and if you are ever down this way I will let you give a talk free of charge
                Knowledge is only good if you pass it on. Goodnight
                I never charge and I totally agree about passing it on. A lot of guff is talked about exhibitors being reluctant to pass on knowledge. That may have been the case in days gone by but things have changed and not only knowledge is shared but seed and plants of prize winning strains of veg is shared around as well. Just as well because some of the seed companies charge an arm and three legs for their wares. Taking my Thursday subject as an example, T&M have 10 bulbs for £16.99 for sale online meantime and that is discounted by £2.99. The first prize for an entry of 6 shallots at our local show is £2.00.
                The answer of course is for the grower to keep their own seed but some varieties are extremely prone to developing neck rot in storage and having to buy new stock just sometimes can't be avoided.

Comment

• Afternoon all . Been snowing off and on all day but not enough to lie. I've had a very lazy day again as a result although I did make a pot of vegetable broth this morning. (No show shallots in there ).

Now watching Money for Nothing on the telly. I am amazed at the skill of some of the "Artisans" they use but horrified at how much some of them charge and even more so at the figures some folks are prepared to pay for the finished items.

Some of the craftsmen and women on The Repair Shop are amazing as well.

Comment

• ^That's the problem with bespoke items. If the craftsman or woman charges a decent hourly rate for their work, the items work out extremely expensive in comparison with mass-produced things or if you make it yourself. I have a friend who's a carpenter. I blanch at the prices he charges, but I can't say they're unfair. He's barely charging the so-called living wage. And he buys all his own equipment, pays rent, national insurance and the like, though obviously all tax deductable. Must be great to be rich enough to buy all these artisan goods!

Comment

• Good Morning All It feels cold today. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning All

4° and dry, that makes a change this week!

Not too much planned for today as OH has the dentist and I have to accompany her due to her phobia of them.

Have a happy Thursday

Comment

• Morning all. 0.3 and a light frost, I didn't see that one forecast hope me seed spuds are ok in the greenhouse. Nice and sunny at the mo but plenty of heavy rain yesterday. Was out and about round Newark and the Lincs countryside, loads of flooding and fields under water.

Enjoy your day
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Looks to be a sunny day and I have inspections to do, so no chance of getting to the allotment, looking ahead rain on Sunday Booooooooooo !

Have a good day people
                            sigpic
                            . .......Man Vs Slug
                            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• good morning all,been wet,now suns out,the spuds should be fine MR bones,have a good day and Bgood2yrselves.
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Bright today, but I'm working so can't make the most of it. Tomorrow through to Tuesday, wet (with any luck) and thereafter warmer temperatures. So a good time to start at long last. Haven't sown a thing yet!

Two more big jobs to complete today, so better get going.

Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X