Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home today (later on). We’re trying to finish the food and booze. It’s soooo hard . Really, we’re here with the owner as his guests and he has his private part of the villa so anything keepable is going in his freezer/storage as we’re coming back in June.

I’m actually peeling without having got burnt. I’ve loved my holiday but I really want to get home to my dogs, plants, normal morning cereal.

Oh, and message to Snoops, thanks for the advice, the cake is a great success and they’ve sprayed cream over it and are finishing off as I type.

All nighter trip home. Tomorrow’s.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good to see you Janie...and that you are having a great time...enough to go back again eh????
      Hope you feel refreshed/rested once you get over the journey home
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• No chat on the Rant thread so to Roitlet, get a watering system from Sr3wf1x. It’s far more reliable than people as my daughter found out last year. They are actually cheaper than any GC I’ve been to.
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Enough that a friend of our host is selling her villa, we are seriously tempted.
          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Afters All

The weather has certainly cooled down significantly after the last few days but was nice to be able to do something without melting.

The warmth and rain have definitely got the onions and broadies going....even have a row of parsnips Showing!

Hope you have all had a good Monday

Comment

• Afternoon all. Been a day of showers and sunshine and some squally gusts as well. I spent a good while in the greenhouse pricking out some dwarf asters. 70 pricked out and there's 30 plus left in the tray so a really good value packet of seed. I've got to do the same with a tray of French Marigolds - variety Colossus and some annual Chrysanthemums. Costs a bomb to buy these numbers from a Garden Centre but it is very time consuming.

Comment

• Good afternoon, it has turned cold and wet here now, though this morning I did manage to finish of the grass area the decking wood I have surrounding it for a path was capping so lifted it and drove in some posts to allow me to screw it down, I reckon by the time the posts rot the plan's will have weathered enough to stay flat, also got all the soil filled in level with the decking and grass seed sowed, and now plenty of rain to water it in, and tonight I will hopefully get the rest of my seedlings pricked out, still a couple of trays of marigolds, two of pansies and a tray of dahlias to do. Right need to go and feed the boy's and I think I will need to put they eating on as it has definitely cooled down
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• All my tommies now potted on, got a few swaps as pretty much every seed seems to have germinated.

Comment

• Glad the cake was a success, Janie.

As for here, not enough done. Tomorrow's another day...

Comment

• Planted out some cauliflower plants that were gifted to me.
                      Potted up my Zinnias.
                      Potted on some more dahlias, Don't know where I'm going to fit them all.
                      Potted up 8 trailing fuchsia plants bought in Aldi.
                      continued staking up my sweet peas.
                      Got a good bit done as it didn't rain but we had a cool breeze all day.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all. Rain this afternoon, started while I was at work so all my laundry didn't dry. Cockles were a big success. Youngest, as predicted, refused to try them, but eldest liked them a lot and wants to get more next weekend. Even OH who was a bit sceptical really enjoyed them - comment was on how fresh they tasted which I think they should be compared to pickled ones!

Going to try to get some laver next weekend to stick in the slow cooker so we can have laverbread with cockles and bacon - serious yum time

Now I just need to find free range streaky bacon living wild on the beach
                        Last edited by happyhumph; 23-04-2018, 09:08 PM. Reason: Spelling
                        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Good Morning All dull and cool here. Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all as Flo dull and cooler here as well, have a good one
                            sigpic
                            . .......Man Vs Slug
                            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Nippy but very sunny start to the day for me.
                              Domestics and gardening today ....
                              Have a great day peeps...see ya later....
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning everyone. Rain here all day. Domestics and maybe a bit of seed sowing. Have fun all.
                                Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X