Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going mad...for the past few days a turtle dove has been sitting on our neighbours roof coo cooing from about 4 am until dusk...continually! Is it just the time of year? It's a lovely sound but not all day long, it gets in your head! Aargh!!
    sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon Folks, it had not been a nice day here today, some heavy showers and a cold wind blowing, was at another funeral to day, sadly a young neighbour, up watching the boy's just now, but hope to get out to the greenhouse after, I note a number of Grapes take their plants into the house at night, if I tried that I would get my "heid in ma hauns ta play wi" or if you prefer, my head in my hands to play with, as OH frowns on me bringing any plants or soil etc. into the house, just because I accidentally caused a laminated floor to blister I don't know why she complains as got a new floor out of it, right need to go and get ready To go to my son's as daughter will be in shortly
      Last edited by rary; 26-04-2018, 04:09 PM.
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
        The weather has been much the same, showers and sunny spells.
        Most of my tomatoes and chilli are in the unheated greenhouse 10 days now
        I Have been covering them with fleece,and newspaper.
        I have made a tent inside the greenhouse from a frame of an old play tent from the grandkids.
        Can't bring them back inside as they are in large flower buckets.
        Keeping my fingers crossed.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• "...I have made a tent inside the greenhouse from a frame of an old play tent from the grandkids.
          Can't bring them back inside as they are in large flower buckets."

I don't consider myself any sort of child care expert, but are the grandkids going to be OK if they are just left in large flower buckets ? seems an odd way of bringing them up, still I expect they have i-phones to keep themselves occupied ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
            I'm going mad...for the past few days a turtle dove has been sitting on our neighbours roof coo cooing from about 4 am until dusk...continually! Is it just the time of year? It's a lovely sound but not all day long, it gets in your head! Aargh!!
            Pigeons sit on my chimney and coo. Since it’s the sort of chimney they used to send little boys up, it acts like a megaphone and the noise can get very irritating when you’re sitting next to the fireplace.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
              I'm going mad...for the past few days a turtle dove has been sitting on our neighbours roof coo cooing from about 4 am until dusk...continually! Is it just the time of year? It's a lovely sound but not all day long, it gets in your head! Aargh!!
              Is it the one that goes "Cuck coo coo cuckoo, cuck coo coo cuckoo"?
              It makes me think of Ella Fitgerald and I have to finish the song............

...But I can weather the storm, what do I care if icicles form, I've got my love to keep me warm".

No more clues.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Dry and cold here. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning a nice sunny morning blue sky with some light cloud, looks lovely till you look over to the west where there are big black clouds on the horizon, let's hope they stay there, is that VC trying a name that tune with her post last night, if so I need more clues as I am no good with these old tunes from way before my time. Well soon be the weekend so enjoy your day and pass on a smile
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning its dry and cool here might have to wear a coat today
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, all. A bit of a later start today. Bright blue skies. Hard to believe we're due heavy thunderstorms in an hour or so.

Anyway, dogs a bit mopey this morning due to Mr Snoop's absence. One has decided he's on hunger strike. Wouldn't be a bad idea if I did the same!

One of the cats is obviously feeling sorry for me being on my own and left me a lovely present by the bed this morning: rat innards, back leg and tail.Only a country rat, so not a big city-dweller, but still... Just as well I didn't step in it. Yuk.

So, off to lift some more old brassica bits this morning. Then paid work and a bit of housework.

Hope you all have a jolly Friday.

Comment

• No sun today and only 9C, so a plot visit is unlikely *sigh* Grumpy this morning cos next doors 2 little dogs are in barking mode, I wish they came with an off switch :eek

Right - finish cuppa and get all my babies off the dining room table and back out into the greenhouse for a start
                        I still can't get it into my head that I might as well sow them all 2 weeks later and not bother with all this toing and froing Is it really worth it, just to get tomatoes 2 weeks earlier?

Have a good'un!

Comment

• Morning All

Currently 8.5° and a chill wind, I have physio this morning on my arm so will no doubt be sore later. Loads of potting on to do so may give that a bash but whatever I do will be indoors looking at the afternoons forecast

I hope you all have a pleasantly rewarding Friday

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                            Domestics and weeding for me today. Just got one more flower border ( the biggest) and the strawberry bed to finish off weeding then I can concentrate on the veggies!
                            Looks like we are in for frosts next week so I'd like to get that done before then. Always flexible targets eh?

Have a great day peeps..see ya later.
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              A dull wet morning here and temp just 8 deg. Seems to be going backwards.
                              Not too bothered about the wet morning as I have to go to the hairdressers at eleven o'clock.
                              Hoping for a better afternoon.
                              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, lovely sunny morning this morning and guess what...my little collared dove friend is still there cooing constantly, wish he’d find a girlfriend and get lost!!!
                                Domestics for me today, oh great, other than that not a lot on. Wish the weather would warm up.
                                Anyhoo hope you all have a lovely day whatever you are doing!
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X