Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning Nicos and All ; Sunny Sunday here. I'm cooking the normal FEB this morning and later off to my daughter's for Afternoon Tea. Have a lovely day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning, rain overnight but dry at present, not been out yet having my porridge and catching up with Gardeners World
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all,

well the rain we expected yesterday arrived overnight and it's chucking it down out there at the mo. Not a bad thing. The feed weed and mosskill I put down two grasscuts ago will now get a chance to melt in and do its stuff. I've been cutting without the grass bag on and leaving the cuttings lying so that the stuff just didn't get hoovered up and removed. My polypots of spuds being grown to show are also getting a good watering saving a job. The plants I have outside hardening off and needing watered every day just now also getting a drink naturally . Who would have thought rain could save so much work?

Comment

• Morning lots of overnight rain so the gardens looking good No porridge for me today Rary its bacon, eggs, mushrooms on a oatcake for breakfast.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Bacon?!!!!!.
            Mmmmm...mmmmm...mmmm.....

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. It's a bright sunny day here. Youngest lots better today, most spots are crusted over so might be able to go to school tomorrow, Tuesday at the latest.

Getting stabilisers on bike for youngest then going for a walk with eldest on scooter, youngest on bike and us on foot. Will stop at the sweetie shop in saundersfoot. Then seed sowing at home.

Have a good day all.
              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Bright and breezy day this morning but the land is a mess: massive but very short hailstorm yesterday afternoon. 25 mm/litres of rain and hail in maybe ten minutes. Astonishing. Hailstones small but destructive because of the sheer volume. On the positive side, I had taken my tomato plants in beforehand, most of my seeds are still in their packets and none of the animals got injured. JT, my ploughing friend, came round yesterday with loads of lettuce seedlings. Not sure how to deal with them as I can't even walk on the land at the moment. I imagine most of the almonds will have got bashed off, likewise the pears.

Anyway, today's another day.

Plus, what's with the Eurovision Song Contest winner? I didn't see the whole thing, just watched a YouTube of the winning song. I remember it being a family kind of show, but the winner's lyrics wouldn't classify as family-friendly. Am I just getting old and past it?

Comment

• It feels a bit 'back to normal' today - I've been busy busy busy the last few days, shopping, cooking, baking for daughter's birthday

Kitchen could do with a good clean but I need some fresh air first - so plot time required, hope the rain's finished for now.

Have a good'un, whatever you're up to

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                    Bright and breezy day this morning but the land is a mess: massive but very short hailstorm yesterday afternoon. 25 mm/litres of rain and hail in maybe ten minutes. Astonishing. Hailstones small but destructive because of the sheer volume. On the positive side, I had taken my tomato plants in beforehand, most of my seeds are still in their packets and none of the animals got injured. JT, my ploughing friend, came round yesterday with loads of lettuce seedlings. Not sure how to deal with them as I can't even walk on the land at the moment. I imagine most of the almonds will have got bashed off, likewise the pears.

Anyway, today's another day.
                    Can't like that, it sounds bad! Hope some of the crop remains.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Beautiful bright sunny morning with 11deg temp.
                      Off to mass shortly.
                      Family lunch in our favourite restaurant.
                      Celebrating three April birthdays, three May birthdays and A conformation.
                      Should be a good day as it's not always possible to get the whole family together.
                      Have a good day all whatever you're doing.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all, two visits from me in one day, you should deem yourselves honoured . Well the football went our way today and the rain has now gone and I've tried to tidy up in the garage(and didn't make much of an impression) so all is well chez me. We have a problem looming in the greenhouses though. Some of the tomato plants are ready to go into their final pots but where the pots are due to go still has a miriad of plants on staging. Something's gotta give

Comment

• Afternoon all,wow what a hot day again,a little rain overnight,we could do with a bit more,sounds like we have a repete for tomoz,to hot for my comfort,think our last frost date has gone,so next job is some beans in the ground and the rest along with outdoor squash ext will be put outside and left,not in and out,as long as i put them in trays of water should be fine,just thought,i have some large long prop lids to pop on,sowed some more beans and lettuce,i am finding things very tireing this year,enjoy your evening and Bgood2yourselves.
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening it ended up being a sunny day here emptied then pressure washed my GH its all nice and clean ready to plant out my toms. After that it came very hot so I hid under the gazebo for the afternoon.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                              Home now after a lovely family day out.
                              Just covered all my plants in the greenhouse.
                              The temp finally seems to be going up.
                              Still 15 deg here.
                              Hope to plant out some flowers tomorrow.
                              Good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Temperature here dropping like a stone . My phone tells me it won't get below 6c here tonight but I'm prepared for frost. Delicate stuff which was outside hardening off has been whipped back into the greenhouse.

Better half's air pots dusted off and assembled ready for action. I'm sticking with ordinary pots filled with growbag compost. I'm convinced they do better in deep pots than they do in growbags.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X