Random Questions 2 - The Odd Strikes Back

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimothy1275 View Post
    oh my days, I never realised that before!
    Why do people say "oh my days"?
    What does it mean or is it just another of Jimothy's perplexing issues!

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
      Why do we have stairs on the inside but steps on the outside?
      Well I'll go to the foot of my stairs.

Not the foot of my steps as it looks like it could rain

Useless bit of info Step would refer to the individual foot board riser whilst Stair is old English for a flight

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        I never am!!
        Why is VC never wrong........................spooky!
        X
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Why have Chris.........moose cards on sale in Lincoln?
          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

what goes around,comes around
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

How come not everything is black and white? If its not black and white what colour is it? ( as asked by an 8 year old)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                Step would refer to the individual foot board riser whilst Stair is old English for a flight
                Now I'm even more confused...flight of what? Ducks? Arrows? Locks? Spitfires?
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

Now I'm even more confused...flight of what? Ducks? Arrows? Locks? Spitfires?
                  Of steps of course.

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                  ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                  ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Phew! Such an interesting collection of questions!
                    1) The soap just picked up dirt from the floor so it wasn't a cleaning agent at the time when it fell.
                    2) The word "stairs" is, as said, from the Old English word stǣger of Germanic origin meaning "to climb" but steps are what more what you do outside rather than the small ones you take when using a staircase.
                    3) Between black and white there are myriad shades of grey which perhaps we won't go into at this time!
                    I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

What do people in Beijing call their best china?

And while I'm here, why call a turkey a turkey when it comes from the USA?
                      Last edited by mothhawk; 19-08-2018, 03:37 PM.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Mousetrousers View Post
                        3) Between black and white there are myriad shades of grey which perhaps we won't go into at this time!
                        With 8 bit grayscale there's 254 shades of grey between black and white. Don't know why anyone would limit it to 50.

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

I was having a shave this morning and as I looked into the mirror I saw my dad looking back at me. But ageing aside I wondered -

What colour are mirrors? Are they silver, clear, or the colours around reflected back at me?
                          The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
                          - Sir Terry Pratchett, Diggers

sigpic As nutty as a fruitcake. Mmmmmmm cake.

https://blog.wizards-tower.co.uk

Comment

What do people in Beijing call their best china?

And while I'm here, why call a turkey a turkey when it comes from the USA?
                            I love these questions! My insomnia loves these questions!
                            The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                              Of steps of course.
                              My first thought was a flight of beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimothy1275 View Post
                                I love these questions! My insomnia loves these questions!
                                another 1 for you lad,that cake looks good,WHY are you not sharing it,every time i look in this thread my jaws water
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X