No announcement yet.

Secateurs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have two secateurs from Asda, £3 each - brilliant. I only have two pairs because I kept forgetting to bring them with me, and bring them back home from the allotment lol
    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cptncrackoff View Post
      By far the best secateurs I have bought are some that I spotted on Amazon for on a crazy offer for £2.99 delivered (from £25.99 PLUS CARRIAGE) from the states.. i half expected it to be a mistake, half expected them to be rubbish..

Paid my £2.99 and 4 days later they turned up, incredible quality for the price!!

Then.. to my suprise a couple of days later a lady phoned me from America to make sure I was satisfied with them.. crazy!! I couldnt beleive it..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90469[/ATTACH]
      What’s the manufacturer please?

Kind Regards..........Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
        I'm not sure I've seen one. I will have a look . Thanks
        I was gifted the Spear & Jackson Razorsharp Ratchet Anvil Secateurs ( they are on Amazon) that I rarely use as I also have Felcos which I've been using for many years.
        Personally I would look at the Felco for small hands. The Ratchet S&J I have opens out too wide - often the stretch is a problem. I think if the tool is smaller it is easier to use.

https://www.worldoffelco.co.uk/categ...ter=type37~116

The model 6 - for small hands. Which is on offer at the moment.
        Last edited by Scarlet; 11-03-2020, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cptncrackoff View Post
          By far the best secateurs I have bought are some that I spotted on Amazon for on a crazy offer for £2.99 delivered (from £25.99 PLUS CARRIAGE) from the states.. i half expected it to be a mistake, half expected them to be rubbish..

Paid my £2.99 and 4 days later they turned up, incredible quality for the price!!

Then.. to my suprise a couple of days later a lady phoned me from America to make sure I was satisfied with them.. crazy!! I couldnt beleive it..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90469[/ATTACH]
          I bought those too!! They're my favourite secateurs. I'd buy another pair at that price!!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            I bought those too!! They're my favourite secateurs. I'd buy another pair at that price!!
            Do you know what manufacturer by any chance VC?

Comment

I've gradually been improving my garden tools. We have different brands here, unsurprisingly, so I can't really compare with yours.

Bought myself a pair of Bellota snips the other day. Lovely. Sold here as harvesting secateurs. Hope they get a lot of use for that.

Comment

I have 2 pairs of Fiskars including one pair with a rotational handle (the PX92) - rheumatoid arthritis means my hands can sometimes be too sore to be able to apply very much pressure.
                Having said that, I find that the cut is much less clean than with the conventional pair so I save them for bad days and jobs that don't matter if it turns out to be a bit if a hack!
                Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite View Post
                  Do you know what manufacturer by any chance VC?

No idea, sorry. There's nothing on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite View Post
                    What’s the manufacturer please?

Sorry Rob.. they were 'Basilica Botanica'.. although their website seems obsolete..
                    <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X