Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhotoStick

Has anyone bought a PhotoStick and if so does it work as well as advertised
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

I had to google it, never heard of one, try this...…………
    https://consumerreviewer.org/best-ph...6b8c0f3e83b706

Comment

Be aware that devices like this get progammatic access to your whole computer - everything: stored emails, contact lists, browser history, stored passwords*. Of course they may be entirely trustworthy but a naughty one would open a huge security and privacy hole.

This is a theoretical concern since I have no first hand knowledge of the devices, but I wouldn't let one in the house without some solid reassurance about these matters.

*passwords are stored encrypted on modern, properly updated operating systems but a clever opponent still might be able to tell if you have used the same one in several places. This is a common opening for exploits.
      I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."
      ∃

Comment

I’d personally use a standard memory stick and manually copy what I wanted backed up��
        Cheers

Danny

Comment

I have an external hard drive, that is in a draw and not plugged in all the time, should keep the hackers wondering how to get at it...……..lol

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
            I have an external hard drive, that is in a draw and not plugged in all the time, should keep the hackers wondering how to get at it...……..lol
            You should label it "now you see me" Burnie
            Cheers

Danny

Comment

You should consider normal cloud storage and set image folders to automatically upload to the cloud storage. I use Google's own and even pay a tiny amount a month to them, and Dropbox. No need to pay for anything like that and even more so, back up safe away from your house in case of disaster.
              https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for the comments folks, qgg, the stored passwords are not a problem as I never store any and most of my passwords are changed regularly, as I usually get a message telling me that the email address or password is wrong, I know my email address so the passwords gets changed, as for memory sticks I do have several of them along with a external hard drive, but a good number of the photos that I have are doubled or even more as for the cloud thingy I would never use it, all I ever get from clouds is rain

Just to add, I am not the most patient or organised person, so going through all my photos and organising them as those photo sticks are supposed to do, would be a bonus to me if it's safe
                Last edited by rary; 08-04-2020, 09:33 PM.
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                  as for the cloud thingy I would never use it, all I ever get from clouds is rain
                  That's the whole point - a decent cloud storage system lets you point it to folders on your computer and it automatically backs up pictures as they are added in. No need to remember, or even set a schedule

Comment

^^^^ But it's technology I don't have any control over, so don't trust it, and before someone else comes on here and says it yes as far as technology is conserved I am a dinosaur

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                      ^^^^ But it's technology I don't have any control over, so don't trust it, and before someone else comes on here and says it yes as far as technology is conserved I am a dinosaur
                      And you think you have control over Photostick?

It's like like saying to a stranger, "Here, I'll log you in to my computer as me for you to find pictures but you must promise not to do anything else (like eg send emails) "
                      I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."
                      ∃

Comment

Originally posted by quanglewangle View Post
                        And you think you have control over Photostick? "
                        Due to the fact I don't know anything about it, or good with computer technology, is the reason why I asked if anyone could tell me if it worked as well as advertised, and with the answers that I have had it points to not being worth it

Comment

.... but you won't take advice on something that would solve your problem that IS worth it? lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X