No announcement yet.

Jamie At Home - recommend/not?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fully agree ,Cropper,even if you don't agree with his ethos,his books are good to read! I can read a good gardening/raising food/cookery book as enjoyably as a good novel.Does anyone remenber John Seymour's books,back in the 70's.How they inspired us to at least grow our own veg. if we couldn't manage the statuatory 5 acres needed for "Self-Sufficiency"
    H.F-W./s books do the same thing but,maybe ,on a more practical level.

Comment

Originally posted by scared55 View Post
      Killing for spite I can't get on with. We are big enough and clever enough not to need to do that - .
      My name is Two Sheds and I kill slugs and snails. Out of spite. I don't eat them afterwards.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

As for TV cooks and gardeners: I used to say hurrah, because they make gardening popular to the masses, thereby using and protecting our allotment sites. On the other hand, people are thinking that a garden can be grown, cultivated and cropped in half an hour a week! We're getting quite a few new allotmenteers who strim off the weeds (without actually removing the roots), shove in a few seeds, then give up when nothing happens.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I came upon this thread late but would pose the question "Why would you go to a chef for gardening advice?"

Phreddy

Comment

Sums it up perfectly!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
              Wasn't a big fan of Jamies until Jamie at Home hit the small screen. I don't even have to watch it to know what he was cooking in any particular week. I just wait and see what my customers ask for. So I am now a confirmed Jamie fan, along with HFW, whose stance on fresh produce and ethical treatment of farm animals I have long been a supporter of.

Ethics when it comes to food especially meat is such a priority, Thankfully more and more people are understanding of this, and 'good' produce if more wildly avaialbe.

Comment

Just wondering if killing rooks for food is any different from killing lambs, killing rabbits is different to killing aphids - as a vegetarian, I don't eat meat, try to avoid killing - but do murder, by hand, innumerable caterpillers and really enjoy HFW - what about fox hunting? Just to stoke up the flames!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X