Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
    Mandy,

I'm not being nosey but when you said a four month course I wondered if you are trying Roacutane (high does vitA): if not ignore me, but I used it several years ago and you are welcome to email me direct if you want to.

I used 1001 lip balms as I wasn't keen on vaseline, but in fact it was the only one that helped! You may also find that you need eye drops: I used the ones meant for contact lens wearers and they were the best.

Good luck

Nicky
    Hi Nicky,

Spot on with roacutane! Is it really as bad as the doc is making out? They way she was going on it sounded like I would hardly be able to move a mussle without huge cracks appearing

Any tips would be welcomed, I hope it was succesful for you.

Mandy

Comment

Originally posted by mandyballantyne View Post
      Thanks everyone,

I had thought of olive oil but I was worried because it will be really greasy, it is a 4 month course of tablets so don't want to feel oily for that long

The body shop stuff sounds good too, will give that a go as well.

Good point about the lips thanks Two Sheds and Scarry.

Going to be buying half the shop I think

Mandy
      SIL uses it most of the time never uses sun tan lotion...........Oh by the way SIL lives in Crete
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

Mandy,

I've sent you a private message, so check it out!

Nicky
        Saoirse: Irish meaning Freedom (I think!)

Comment

My dad used to suffer from badly cracked skin during the winter and his remedy was to take a tablespoonful a day of cod liver oil and malt (aka mop). I'm not sure whether it is still available, but from his experience any cod liver oil supplements would help, so long as they did not interfere with the course of drugs you will be on.

You could see if 'mop' was still available, and have a word with your GP as to whether it would counteract with your medication.

Apart from that, I would recommend the Vaseline intensive care lotions.

As someone who suffers with very itchy dry skin in winter, I can only sympathise ++ with the prospects you face.

valmarg

valmarg

Comment

I suffer from dry skin and the best thing that works for me is the day lotion by SIMPLE - also the face wipes etc. it doesnt irritate my skin at all, and does seem to "sink in" with no probs. Of course, everyones skin is different, but worth giving a go if nowt else does the job! Bernie
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

make sure you exfoliate your skin regularly if you want to get the best from your moisturiser - if you don't then the moisturiser will slide off your skin
              How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.”

Comment

I always use ... er I mean Mrs G always uses Oil of Ulay ... or was it Goose fat ... no thats Roast potatoes ... or is that King Edwards ...
                ntg
                Never be afraid to try something new.
                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
                  I always use ... er I mean Mrs G always uses Oil of Ulay ... or was it Goose fat ... no thats Roast potatoes ... or is that King Edwards ...
                  Ahhhh.......Goose grease, the panacea for all ills!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger
                    Ahhhh....... the panacea for all ills!

Last edited by smallblueplanet; 02-01-2008, 09:52 PM.
                    To see a world in a grain of sand
                    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post

Eh!

My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                        Eh!

just kidding!
                        Last edited by smallblueplanet; 02-01-2008, 09:52 PM.
                        To see a world in a grain of sand
                        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Hi Mandy.

Try Aqueous Cream from the chemist. Cheap, non greasy, unscented and soothing. It was given to me when I was blasted with Radiotherapy and worked. Iv'e used it ever since.

Best of luck
                          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X