Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a Greenhouse

Hi
    I started gardening last year and have decided to buy a greenhouse. I have found two with-in my budget Just wondered if anyone has seen/got theses two: Argos 6x6 with staging with pre-cut clear as glass panels or greenhouse warehouse .com 6x6 with polycarbonate panels.
    Any advice would be appreciated
    Cheers
    Titch
    Last edited by titichandmarsh; 12-01-2008, 11:44 AM.
    titchandmarsh

Hi and welcome to the vine.

Sorry but I have no experience of either of the greenhouses you mention. Mine is an 8 x 4 from Focus. Good luck with your new venture.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Hi Titch&Marsh, welcome to the 'Vine Like Shirl, I've not had any experience with that type of greenhouse, but if you go to the Undercover Operations section, there is tons of discussion about best types of greenhouse - you might find something relevant there? Good luck with whichever you choose

Comment

Hi and welcome to the vine!

Just my two penn'orth: we bought a polycarbonate greenhouse and had to sell it again because the panels were like corrugated cardboard on the edges, and were fine the first time you slotted them in but if you didn't get it just right the edges feathered and were impossible to work with. Also, the first high wind blew out seven panels, one of which landed in a nearby field. And then we couldn't get the raggedy edge panels back in again... So we've gone back to glass!

That said, I have no experience of the actual greenhouses you describe, and if your garden is sheltered, you shouldn't have a problem. But if you live anywhere windy, just bear that in mind...

Best of luck anyway - you'll never regret getting a greenhouse

Comment

Gosh, just checked out the prices of the Argos one... OUCH!!
          Get some 'WANTED' ads on your local freecycle, in the classifieds of your local paper, & put on a card in your local post-office window/supermarket etc. I'm sure you could find one either free, or much cheaper, that way...?!

Comment

Titch,

you could always try the really cheeky approach, take a drive round and look for a neglected unloved greenhouse and knock on the house door... this does work better in the summer though, heavenly only knows mine looks abandoned right now!
            My Blog is here.../

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X