Where do you buy your seeds?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you buy your seeds?

I am about to buy all my seeds online with "the organic gardening catalogue" but Have suddenly some doubt....what my experts growers on the Vine think about it? anyone had bought from them ? perhaps some better idea to suggest ?
    thanks

What's your doubt? Most of us here use a variety of sources although I think we're pretty much in agreement that you get a much better choice on the internet than in the shops.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

....of course, buying from ONE on-line store will more than likely be cheaper in terms of postage and packing than giving in to temptation and buying from all those lovely different sites (you know who you are, grapes! )

I like the Organic Catalogue, myself, and now I'm a member of the Heritage Seed Library, I believe that I get a 10% discount.

Comment

I know lots and lots of online seed companies but if you want to go 'organic' then the cheapest one I know is MoreVeg.net (most seeds 50p each). They have some organic versions of seeds on offer although the choice may be somewhat limited. I think 'Beans and Herbs' are organic supplier too, decent price too for organic seeds.
        Last edited by veg4681; 22-01-2008, 05:01 PM.
        Food for Free

Comment

thanks !!
          I just found another one called "the green chronicle" with seeds for £1...will check those you suggest now..

Comment

I buy standard seeds in bulk on ebay. Maybe 60 -70 packets. Sort out what I want and resell the rest on ebay.
            Buying from someone who lists in a hurry and spending time to market mine carefully , means the net cost is usually under £5... for 40 packets.

I'm Scots.
            Last edited by Madasafish; 22-01-2008, 05:33 PM.

Comment

All over the place. Kings Seeds is a favourite, but I'm a sucker for impulse buys when I'm visiting the local garden centre.

Comment

I now get a lot of my seeds here in France. But I also buy from the Garden Organic and Kings/Suffolk Herb catalogue as well - just had another 29 packets arrive from there.

I've never thought of buying on ebay, must give that a whirl next year.
                TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                  , but I'm a sucker for impulse buys when I'm visiting the local garden centre.
                  or any other purveyor of gardening related products
                  The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

I've bought from a lot of suppliers but for interesting varieties and prompt service I'd recommend these ones in particular:

Great Vegetable Seeds from The Real Seed Catalogue

Seeds Garden Sundries and Garden Games

Chiltern Seeds rare flower heirloom veg and herbs - Chiltern Seeds secure online shop
                    I was feeling part of the scenery
                    I walked right out of the machinery
                    My heart going boom boom boom
                    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                    I've come to take you home."

Comment

I got my seeds from several different seeds company,among them :

Nicky seeds, Seeds of italia (lots of seeds per package) and Alan Romans.

Momol
                      I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Part of the fun of gardening is experimentation. I have a few 'faithful' suppliers which I use every year but I always include new 'experimental' suppliers as well!
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

After the Gardening Which? report on germination rates etc., I now buy most of my seeds from T&M who came out top (if I remember rightly?). Can't see the point in spending money on seeds that aren't going to grow...!

Comment

I buy seeds I fancy when I see them. Last year I bought lots of seeds at Wyevale for 50 pence a packet when they reduced them. Got about 40 quid worth of seeds for under a fiver.
                            Happy Gardening,
                            Shirley

Comment

Interesting to see that T&M weren't mentioned until Sarz did, I thought they'd of featured much more. I tend to buy mine from Thompson & Morgan, Marshalls and Dobies. I've bought a few from the garden centres ad-hoc, but I'm still learning.
                              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X