No announcement yet.

Where do you buy your seeds?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's T&M and Marshalls for me too most of the time, get the odd thing from GC.
    Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

I'm a bit of a fan of Wilkos, never had any issues with germination..
      My Blog is here.../

Comment

I get mine from T&M mainly, but did get some last year from Wilkos and Lidls, didn't realy notice the difference in germination rates only in cost!!! but then T&M had wider variety.
        Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
        Bob Dylan

Comment

I've used the Organic Gardening Catalogue for a couple of years - no problems with anything. Find it difficult to go past a seed rack in Woolies, Wilko, any garden centre without having a quick look, so there's also a few packets from Suttons, T&M and Mr Fothergill...
          Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

Got all my seeds from Frosts last week as they have a 1/2 price sale on all T+M and Suttons!!!

Comment

The company I get most of my seeds from is Moles. They supply larger amounts than the usual retail companies. I also like Plants of Distinction, Seeds of Italy, D T Brown, Mr Fothergill's, Dobies, Thomson & Morgan and Unwins.

Basically, I like to get the catalogues in the Autumn, and plan ahead for the next growing season. It brightens up the dark days of Winter!!

valmarg

Comment

I use lots of different suppliers: I tend to have a variety in mind, then do a Google search for a supplier - then end up spending too much to justify the P&P !

I have had nothing but success with eBay purchases, inc. black bamboo, Bocking 14 comfrey, garlic, potatoes, fruit bushes, roses, French bean seeds, willow etc. No duds at all.
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                  After the Gardening Which? report on germination rates etc., I now buy most of my seeds from T&M who came out top (if I remember rightly?). Can't see the point in spending money on seeds that aren't going to grow...!
                  T & M used to be my absolute favourite, but I had a few years with poor germination and growth. Don't particularly avoid them, but now source my seeds according to variety. Also get several from the cheap shops (smaller packets, and good value if you don't want particular varieties)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X