Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy wind proof pots

Hi all,

Where do you find the best place is to buy heavy weight pots from?
    I live up in The Fens and it's a bit windy at times! I have lots of things in pots ranging from trees to small plants, but looking around I've been shocked at the price of pots made from anything other than terracotta coloured plastic!
    I'm hoping to find some with larger bottoms than tops! so they're less likely to go flying!

Many thanks
    Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
    Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

I put rocks and bricks in the bottom of my plastic pots. I stack them together, smallest ones in the middle, when its specially windy.
    I have one heavy "proper" pot which I rescued from a skip. Its too heavy to lift, but the wind still bowls it around the patio.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Wilkos aren't too bad, I just ordered 4 terracotta pots from them, glazed, a nice size for tomato plants for £4.99 each.

Comment

Have you tried your local Re-cycling centre, our tends to have quite a few and fairly reguarlly. I managed to get a big wooden one i'm growing aritichokes in at the moment.
        Or post on freecycle thats always good for the buget we just managed to get a next to new shed off it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X