Good books

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good books

i've just found £15 of WHS vouchers stuffed away in a safe place and thought i might get a good veg book with it. Any recomendations? cheers
    I'd rather regret the things i've done than regret not doing them at all.

The Carol Klein one is a winner in my humble opinion!
    Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

I love the Andi Clevelly one
      Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Geoff Hamilton's Organic Gardening is packed full of tips, I learn something new from it every time I dip in.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Thankyou so much i may already have those
          But after much scanning i've decided that i must go and flick thru a couple to make my choice but looking at there web page i'm thinking
          RHS fruit & vegetable gardening by mike pollock. anyone got this one? what do you think??

Comment

Everyone has their favourite, but I'd agree with the suggestions above (although I've not read Geoffs).

One bonus having the WHSmith vouchers as you say, you can go have a browse.

Personally I find the D.G Hessayon books helpful - they cover various topics in depth rather than trying to cover everything.

Amazon.co.uk: D.G. Hessayon: Books
            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

What about a nice recipe book if you already have lots of gardening books? I really like Sophie Grigson's "Vegetables" but Sarah Raven's cookbook is supposed to be good too

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

got 3 by hessayon
                trouble with me i've got 3 kids at home so very limited on getting down the lottie can just see my 2yr old twins on other plots so during the day all i can do is seeds with the 4 yr old and read loads of books.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X