Pot Maker

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot Maker

Has anyone ever used one of those pot makers that make biodegradable pots from newspaper? Do they work? Are the pots any use once you've made them? I like the idea of using peat pots and to just be able to pop plants into the ground without root disturbance, but don't want to use peat. I have two allotments so would probably be making several dozen, would it be worth the hassle? I suppose I could make them as needed rather than spending a week pot making, but if it's all too complicated a process I think I'll just stick with the plastic.
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Hi Bluemoon,
    this might help, it's done the rounds on the vine bofore , sorry I don't know who to credit it to but the pots are great!
    Newspaper Seed Starter Pots
    Last edited by lainey lou; 07-02-2008, 12:39 PM.
    Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Posted earlier on top tips
      How2Make - Newspaper Plant Pots
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

Here's another method for newspaper pots which I used last year with great sucess. They can be made in lots of different sizes.

hhtp://www.wizer.co.uk/?p=29

Thanks wiZer
        Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

I know you can make those ones from scratch but I still prefer my little wooden former for seeds, I think they cost about a tenner which isn't really cheap but it'll last forever.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Alison, what's a 'little former for seeds'? I'm looking for ideas for sowing and I'm interested in different methods

Comment

Thanks everyone, it was the little wooden formers that I was asking about as I didn't know about the origami. I didn't want to buy one if they didn't work, but now I think I will and will try some of the folding methods too for larger pots.
              Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

It's the wooden former things I mean like February at Wiggly Wigglers but don't think mine came from there. I honestly think they're fab for starting seeds off, perfect size for peppers, toms etc although no good for beans.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I've used one for the last couple of years - super, no problems what so ever. Trouble is, can't remember where I got it from! but wherever you get yours, Im sure it will work just as well! Good luck. Bernie
                  Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I can't see the link but I tried a paper potter last year. I borrowed it from a friend and it worked very well. However, I think its just as easy to use a glass tumbler or high ball. Just roll your paper round the glass with say 1" sticking over the edge of the open end. Fold this edge in and it makes the tube. Dead easy and takes seconds per pot. Use bigger/smaller size tumblers for different size tubes.
                    http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X