Geoff Hamilton

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geoff Hamilton

Last year I posted a link to the BBC to a new DVD set that was coming out of Geoff Hamilton, Cottage Garden, Paradise Garden and The Ornamental Veg garden.
    Well I dropped loads of hints for Chrimbo and they fell on deaf jobbies so I thought bugger it and bought it my self off Amazon ( about £7 cheaper I think it was). Can thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

It's Geoff's normal easy, enthusiastic style and were it not for the 6" of permafrost I would be out there now re doing the garden

Geoff Hamillton
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

They've been showing the tv shows on UKTV Gardens, great stuff.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

He's fantastic and was so ahead of his time.

I see all the other tv gardeners are now following his lead and going organic - some of them 10 years later - although I think Bob Flowerdew, Monty Don and Diarmuid Gavin were also organic from day 1 - bless 'em!!!

Comment

He's the gaffer as far as I'm concerned.

I also used to Like Geoffrey Smith - dead down to earth and no nonsense
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I got it for my birthday last August and its great! I had not seen the Paradise Gardens one at all, so it was a great treat.

I just keep watching them over and over - just a delight.
          ~
          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

I love Geoff too, cut my teeth on him so to speak, in my first garden!! I've been watching the sky reruns too, great stuff!
            Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

I'm taping the Ornamental Kitchen Garden series, can't wait to get a mo to watch them.
              All at once I hear your voice
              And time just slips away
              Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Originally posted by jeannine View Post
                He's fantastic and was so ahead of his time.
                He certainly was. I remember going organic back in the eighties and people looking at me as if I were talking to fairies or something (not that there's anything wrong with fairies, a nicer group of people you couldn't hope to meet ) I felt so smug when Geoff came along and started doing it on T.V. I'm sure many people think that nothing has value until it appears on the telly. Anyway I'm enjoying watching the programmes again now - and they haven't dated at all.
                Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I love re-watching Geoff's programmes and was really pleased to get the ornamental kitchen garden and cottage gardens on dvd. In my opinion he was the best presenter the BBC had.

Comment

I bought them for myself for Xmas and have watched all three twice over. Brilliant television and he really is my gardening hero. I also have several of his books and I use those constantly.

But I think Monty D is getting there, I've started to warm to him more and more, very practical and hands on.
                    TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X