Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm after a trug

Hi Everyone

I live in Rotherham, S Yorks and am trying to find a wooden trug. Not a wicker or bamboo but one with wooden slats.

I've seen some on ebay for about £25 but think that's a lot for one.

Can anyone help me out at all please?

Thanks!

I don't ever recall seeing them much cheaper to be honest.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Quick google (coz I want one too....)
      Garden Trugs and Garden Baskets from Garden Selections
      Perhaps ebay will be the cheapest tho'
      I think I like the enamel ones!
      Tx

Comment

i got my metal wire one free (by accident, honest guv) from Mr Sainsburys
        Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
        Bob Dylan

Comment

I got a green plastic one from QD for £1.99. I'd love a wooden one, but the green plastic does the job. The main point is you can harvest a lot of stuff and it doesn't get squashed cos the trug is long, wide and shallow.

Comment

got mine from a charity shop for 99p, looked like it had never been used

Comment

OH bought me a plastic one from asda
              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
              and ends with backache

Comment

new large garden trug on eBay, also Other Hand Tools Equipment, Hand Tools Equipment, Garden Plants, Home Garden (end time 13-Jul-08 09:41:36 BST)
                Its only got 7 hours to go, and postage is quite high, £5.20
                I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

My trug was a freebie off a magazine from about 20 years ago. Green plastic, ugly as sin but I can wash it, use Jayes Fluid on it at the end of the year and it's still going strong. Also as it's smooth inside, no chance of scoring soft fruit.

I often wonder if a wooden one would stand up to this type of cleaning
                  I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Until I get one I'll just have to stick with the placcy bag from tesco's!

Might actually make one though........another project for the future!
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I bought mine from Penistone Agricultural Show, Russell. Sadly it isn't until early September, but I think I paid about £15 for it a couple of years ago. Still, even if you don't want to wait that long for your trug, a trip to the show is a great day out, with loads of other gardening bargains to be had. (and no, I'm not on the committee!)
                      Welcome to the vine, by the way.
                      Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X