Hedge Trimmer

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedge Trimmer

I know this forum is supposed to be used in order to recommend stuff to other grapevine users but can I use it to recommend that you avoid purchasing the flymo sabre cut battery operated hedge trimmer. What a piece of junk. For trimming the privet it is perfectly acceptable but for anything a bit tougher like hawthorn or holly it is next to useless. They must have called it sabre because you'd get better results by swinging it through the air and slashing at the hedge.

I thought it would be nice and light to use but it is so poorly balanced that it soon starts to feel much heavier than it really is.

I spent more than £80.00 on this, next to useless, piece of plastic. Please don't make the same mistake.

Fortunately B&Q recently had a bosch hedge trimmer on offer for just £10.00, and that is so good that I'd have happily paid more for it.
    It is the doom of man, that they forget.

I had a battery one and the battery soon started to run out of steam,started with it doing the whole hedge,a year later only 3/4 of it . Now have a cable Ryobi that I swear I could fell small trees with.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. SOrry that you are out of pocket ... eBay maybe?
      K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Originally posted by Kristen View Post
        Thanks for the heads up. SOrry that you are out of pocket ... eBay maybe?
        My conscience wouldn't allow me to put in on e-bay. I'd feel to guilty about letting anyone else pay for my mistake. I did buy a strimmer attachment for it and that works well for trimming the edges of the lawn but I could have bought a regular strimmer for that job and saved a packet. Ah well, we live and learn.
        It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X