Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strimmer fix needed!

Hi All,
    Does anybody have any leads on Flymo Samurai 1000XT strimmer ? Either a used one or a site that possibly still has new ones for sale or at least carries the whole range of spares, I did need a microswitch but I have now obtained one.

Of coarse as so often happens when taking things apart the smallest parts always decide to literally spring out and play hide and seek, so I need the trigger mechanism springs and so far not been able to find them in stock on any of the web site I have found..

Such a shame that the spring has now gone missing the strimmer is a first rate piece of kit never let me down until now .....

Click image for larger version  Name:	weed_eater_trimmer_flymo_samurai_1000xt_20437367.jpg Views:	1 Size:	49.6 KB ID:	2584285

Geoff.
    Last edited by 1batfastard; 27-08-2024, 05:08 PM.

Here ya go Geoff….
    https://www.flymospares.com/samurai-...del_ref=454039
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hi All,
      Nicos:- Many thanks for the website link, the common theme running through the pages is:- This product is not available to order.

It was a devil trying to find a replacement microswitch but I succeeded in the end, but then to lose the spring did my head in slightly, never the less many thanks again for the link.

It does make you wonder though when whoever finish a certain product model of whatever home maintenance device where do all the spares go ? and Why no help line / Advice of where to obtain certain replacement parts if they just run down their own stock levels ? I tried both Flymo and Husqvarna both no help what so ever sadly !

I mean looking at it logically the spares must run into thousands of parts and I doubt if they would just bin them so hopefully just sitting out there somewhere awaiting discovery will be that spring I now need so it's on with the detective work.... : -(

Geoff.
      Last edited by 1batfastard; 02-09-2024, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Have you had a look on the .co.uk site? There are some springs here:
        https://www.shop.flymo.co.uk/grass-t...&refine=spring
        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 02-09-2024, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Shelf space costs more than the profit on the parts

Springs are available on popular interweb auction sites. Just look for the right sort of diameter and guess at the wire thickness you need. May need to trim the resulting product to length.

Could be worse. I had to make a new button for my electric breaker after the original snapped:-

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240508_162818.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	915.3 KB
ID:	2584560
          Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

Hi All,
            Snoop - I had looked at various sights including the one you suggested I must have skipped over that particular page, many thanks.

Mark Rand - Yes I was getting to that stage when I thought about exactly what you suggested.

You know It is still a shame that whichever companies do not advertise where the left over excess stock end up. I just wonder if they are taking a loss and lump it all in with any scrap of the same material, l then the scrap man comes along who then smelts it with other metals for ingots to sell back to whatever company makes whatever bits again ?

Geoff.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X