X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tent

Hi all,

My sister is going to the Latitude festival next weekend and was going to use my other sister's tent.

Unfortunately this isn't going to be possible now so she needs to get a tent, reasonably priced, ASAP.

We've googled but have no idea if some of the cheaper tents will be any good... I think she wants something that will last more than one long weekend!

Can anyone recommend a decent, 4 man tent?

Thanks!
    http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

I've heard Blacks own brand is ok.

Also Millets is owned by the same parent company but has a cheaper range. Cheaper = Price & Quality.
    Last edited by seasprout; 11-07-2009, 07:50 PM.
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Go on freecycle and post a wanted.
      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
        Go on freecycle and post a wanted.
        Already done!

Posted on my local site and the site local to her so finger's crossed but in case the freecycle gods do not smile on us I will check out the Blacks and Millets tents.
        http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

I had a cheap Millets one for donkey's years. Used it a lot and it never leaked, but it was too small for two. So ...

Mr Sheds bought a Halfords one, and it had two holes in it before we even unpacked it.

I bought an Aldi/Lidl one to replace that, and it leaked big time.

I then bought a Vango from eBay, and it's a brilliant tent. not cheap though.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

It's worth getting a good one. And one you can stand up in, it makes all the difference.

If you mean it's for 4 people, try for a 6 berth at least. The berth bit means (just) enough space for that many people to sleep, not live and keep all their stuff in.

A large living area is really handy. Mine's bigger than my living room at home and makes the whole experience much more comfortable.

Ebay's great for picking up expensive tents that people have splashed out on, used once and then decided camping wasn't for them. I got £350-400 worth of (unused) tent for £65.
            Last edited by BFG; 12-07-2009, 01:05 AM.

Comment

We got an 8 berth vango. Really good and would definitely recommend it. Not cheap though but can be found in special offers. Ours came from go outdoors

Comment

I'd never heard of Vango before we went to a festival last summer ... it was torrential rain and gales, and the Vangoes were the tents still standing !

Comment

Hi VikkiB

Just seen a supplement in one of yesterdays papers and its for halfords
                  It is for a tent, sleeping bags, torches, matresses and pillows all for £99
                  If you havn't got the supplement try the website it might be on there
                  Sounds good to me
                  Cheers .... John

Web link to our Allotment website http://lawsonsallotment.btck.co.uk/

PS my plot is 9 shown on the Plot Holders Pictures

Comment

For a festival you need a tent and stuff that is light and easy to carry and preferably cheap - as you may rarely ever use it again. The frisby type tents seem very popular - they are cheap and self errecting, a great bonus if it's raining. My own tent is a 30 year old Millets cheapo which I am still using and over the years has provided months of cheap accomodation.

Comment

Originally posted by johninblackpool View Post
                      halfords ... tent, sleeping bags, torches, matresses and pillows all for £99
                      That's the tent Mr Sheds bought. It was useless ... tent & mattresses had holes in them, and it was a mare to put up.
                      As for getting it back in the bag, forget it.
                      The torch batteries failed after a couple of hours (they are big fat expensive ones so we haven't replaced them).
                      Oh, and the sleeping bags are so thin you might as well not bother.
                      Last edited by Two_Sheds; 19-07-2009, 01:55 PM.

Comment

My niece just bought a trailer tent for about £200 its 20 years old and they have camped out in it this weekend she say's its fab.
                        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                        and ends with backache

Comment

Whats wrong with a groundsheet and a sleeping bag....well apart from getting wet.
                          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X