Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home 'Phone & Broadband package. can you reccomend one?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home 'Phone & Broadband package. can you reccomend one?

I'd like to chage my broadband, its like wading through treacle getting the fact & figures so I though I'd cheat and ask instead

Who do you use & what do you think about service cost etc??

Have you checked which resellers are available in your area? Put your postcode into the box to find your exchange and check out the details.

SamKnows Broadband - Availability - Exchange Search
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Signed up for Talktalk. Already had my calls with them on a BT line. Whole package seemed a really good deal - around £18 per month for line rental, call package and broadband. Took ages to process and receive my broadband router, but now up and running. Very happy so far

Comment

First I would get a line test to see how fast a link you can get its no good paying for a 15MB if your own line will only support 4MB.

Personally I would go Cabel if you have it in your area.
        My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

if you have cable in your area then give virgin a ring,or look up what deals they have running on the net,then you can get a more informed view of things,we found them a lot cheaper than bt,and more for the money as well,we are into our 2nd year,and are very pleased.
          their web site has a part,were you can find out if you have a conection in your area,
          Last edited by lottie dolly; 03-08-2009, 08:31 AM.
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Hi All, I have gone for Orange, £22 per month with a second line through the live box giving me free calls anytime including to europe. Broadband speed is 4.2meg which is twice as fast as what I have. I know thier mobile phone signal is pants here at home but you cannot beat thier customer service. They couldn't do TalkTalk here in the back of beyond without bumping up the cost as BT have been creative with the 'phone lines [doubleing them up etc]

Cheers for all the help

Comment

If you have a mobile on a contract, it's worth seeing if you get offered any deals through them - we have an Orange contract phone so we can get free broadband from them. It has a 10Gb per month download limit, so we pay a bit extra - having Xbox Live means 10Gb is not enough, but for ordinary internet use it's enough. Our phone is still with BT, because we got messed about so much with TalkTalk that it was easier to go back.

Comment

Hi Sarzwix, I do have a mobile contract with them and had the free broadband, upgraded to the live box at a discounted rate and at the same time changed my mobile to a lower cost plan, got a new 'phone [Nokia 5800] I'll let you all know if its as cheap as they make out to be They always make these things sound like a win win deal, we'll see

Comment

I wish you could have BB and not have the fixed land line...we never use ours...as we all have mobiles.
                  My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

We use Virgin for broadband, tv and phone package. It is reasonably priced in line with most others and get good service on the rare occasion there is a problem. Calls are free to help centre from Virgin phone too.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X