Garden Shredder/Chipper recommendation

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden Shredder/Chipper recommendation

We are thinking of buying a garden shredder/chipper and was wondering whether anyone uses one of these? It will mainly be used for making chippings for the garden paths. We don't want to spend a fortune on one, but obviously want one that is 'man enough' for the job! Can anyone recommend a good one to buy? Obviously, we are in France but most makes should be available here!

Thanks. Mr TK
    Mr TK's blog:
    http://mr-tomato-king.blogspot.com/
    2nd Jan early tomato sowing.

Video build your own Poly-tunnel

Originally posted by Tomatoking View Post
    We are thinking of buying a garden shredder/chipper and was wondering whether anyone uses one of these? It will mainly be used for making chippings for the garden paths. We don't want to spend a fortune on one, but obviously want one that is 'man enough' for the job! Can anyone recommend a good one to buy? Obviously, we are in France but most makes should be available here!

Thanks. Mr TK
    Just incase you are still looking TK,
    This is a link to all of the threads that mentioned shredders, hope they help.

Grow Your Own - Growing, How To Grow Tomatoes Growing Fruit & Veg - Recipe Advice, Organic food Gardening, Chickens, Seeds for Sale
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I have this one and would recommend it.

Mowerland MLSS Electric Garden Shredder

It is powerful and relatively quiet since it chops with a slowly rotating toothed blade and can cope with anything you put into the ~2" opening. If it gets stuck then you can reverse it. I have shredded a large Leylandii hedge with it (not the main stems) this year. That was very satisfying!
      Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Thanks for your replies, I found 'Fred in the Shed' a great help and he emailed me back recommending the AXT22D or 25D for chippings on paths.
        However, the Mowerland that was recommended is far cheaper, is it good for chippings, as that is all I really want it for.
        Fredshed - an independent showcase for the latest and best tools for the home, garden, and DIY market

Mr TK
        Mr TK's blog:
        http://mr-tomato-king.blogspot.com/
        2nd Jan early tomato sowing.

Video build your own Poly-tunnel

Comment

I bought this one TK, it all depends how much you want to spend but this had been brilliant for me.

Powerforce 2500W Impact Shredder - Tesco.Direct
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Tomatoking View Post
            However, the Mowerland that was recommended is far cheaper, is it good for chippings, as that is all I really want it for.
            If you put a branch through it will slice it into ~1" pieces, so it will be good for paths although it won't look like the chippings you can buy. I think it'l work.
            Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X