Book of Herbal Remedies

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book of Herbal Remedies

I'm sure many of you saw Carol Klein on TV talking about the mad old herb wives of yesteryear. Well my OH is very keen to get into this sort of thing. We have got James Wong's Grow your own drugs book - which is good, but its a bit full of glossy piccies of James looking alluring whilst nestling and rummaging in his medicinal garden.

Dare I say its a bit dumbed down.... and rather skims over the horticultural side of things.

Can anyone reccommend any good herbal remedy books......? And I mean something I can actaully buy - not a mad jumbled priceless collection of notes and scribbles dating back 100's of years..... unless of course you're willing to part with it!

Thanks

J

Hi,

I remember this as one of my Mum's bibles

Feed Your Face: Amazon.co.uk: Dian Dincin Buchman: Books

Hope this helps
    http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sarajjohnson
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...blogs/pipkins/

Comment

Hi Jimmer,
      Have a look at this one its called "Back To Eden" by Jethro Kloss it says,

"A classic guide to herbal medicine, natural food and home remedies"

You can get a copy on, Amazon.co.uk for £7.49, Delivered free in the UK, there's also a hard backs available for around £25.00.

Let us know how you get on.
      Last edited by ginger ninger; 01-12-2009, 09:56 PM.

Comment

I've got a copy of The New Family Herbal dating back to 1909 which was found at my Grandad's house. Wouldn't recommend trying much of it but it's a hilarious read, especially the case studies!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X