Which pressure washer?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pressure washer?

We need to get one, and Homebase has its 15% off days this weekend. Anyone got any recommendations? How much should I spend on one? We only have a small patio. But we don't want one that packs up after a year! Is Kracher a good make? Thanks

Can't remember which one ours is, but it's similar to this one;

------ Welcome to Kärcher UK ------

We've had it for at least 6 years and it keeps on trucking. Admittedly I only really use it to wash the patio and drive once a year, but it does the trick.

I used it yesterday in fact.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Karcher is really good. We loved ours until some @rse broke into our garage and nicked it

Comment

Yep, I've had few models/makes and the Karcher is the only one that stood up to wear and tear and there are lots of deals about. Have a look here for comparison with Homebase.
        clean store - products - Pressure Washers - Kärcher Domestic Pressure Washers
        "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I used to have a karcher - worked for a few years and then it broke. So I bought a bosch as a replacement and that one broke even quicker. Grrrr. Peed off with pressure washers to be honest.
          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Can't remember what model I've got but it's a Karcher I bought many years ago and it's still going strong. It's a real boys toy, you can write your name on the patio with it

It's such fun I've even thought about going into business cleaning peoples patios.

Which reminds me, did you get your patio sorted yet Jeanied?
            Last edited by HotStuff; 22-03-2010, 09:00 PM.
            There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

I might be wrong but i think b&q have 20% off at the weekend,Karcher is the best make but the biggest problem with all of them are people don't drain all the water out before storing them for winter,the water swells and splits the machine.B&Q has their own make ones for about £25 but don't have soap dispenser but you get a year guarantee so take it back after 11 months say its broken and they replace it with a new one

Comment

Originally posted by HotStuff View Post
                Which reminds me, did you get your patio sorted yet Jeanied?
                No I haven't Hotstuff - the washer drove me crazy. But I bought some patio magic and the company responded to my email enquiry as to whether it is safe on Indian sandstone and I'm relieved to say it is!!
                So I'm going inorganic in my back garden at least. Not on the lottie though.
                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

I bought a cheap one from Somerfields about 10 years ago £39. it is still working.. jacob
                  What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                  Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Karcher is a very good domestic and commercial brand. Spare parts are easy to come by.
                    All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
                    For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

Karcher's are very good, had one for a few years and still works fine.
                      Look out for deals with extra parts.

Our Homebase are selling a Karcher K238 for £76.50p.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X