No announcement yet.

Ice-cream maker

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ice-cream recipe book seems to have most of them with some kind of cream/custard/yoghurt as a base. If you used cartons of soya cream/UHT cream/custard then you wouldn't need fridge space to keep them - less likely to buy some and then for it to go off before you get a chance to use it.

Or you could have a pop at some of these - they use things like banana and avocado for bases. I haven't tried any of them, but our friend google thinks they'll work.

15 Healthier Homemade Ice Cream Recipes - Life by DailyBurn

(Let me know how you get on!)

Comment

Banana ice cream is delicious, and can be made with Greek style yogurt.

You do need yogurt, custard or a cream to make an icecream, otherwise would be too watery, and not 'set'. But custard in tins is fine, have used this for rhubarb and custard icecream. (V healthy!)
      DottyR

Comment

I bought the Andrew James machine a couple of years ago. Well worth the money and very easy to use.

Comment

Can't comment on the Andrew James machine. I've had a Cuisinart model for several years; it makes brilliant ice cream, is very user friendly, and is easy to clean - just the bowl, lid and paddles to wash up. Only downside is that its VERY noisy, so much so that I have the ice cream maker in a cupboard on a pullout shelf, and can close the unit away when it's in use to dampen some of the noise. I'd still get this brand again though if / when my machine starts to wear out.

A tip for an ingredient: crumbled Butterfinger bars are a great addition to a vanilla ice cream. You can get them in certain American themed shops, or failing that the online retailers.

Comment

Just found this http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...try_48841.html

Comment

After reading this thread, I got an anchoring for some ice cream tonight so I got the tub of ice cream out of the freezer, wapped in a load of raspberries, blitzed it all together.............bagger the machines, this is the way forward for me, can't wait to try it with Bananas.....................
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X